Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Yup, it was 1983. The Pacers lost the coin flip and wound up with Steve Stipanovich.

The Rockets also tanked to get into the coin flip again in 1984, and were successful, again -- The Rockets wound up with the first pick: Olajuwon.
    I guess the Pacers tanked that year as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You're right, but I guess the idea of LeBron/D-Wade/Bosh getting together and making a pact or whatever to play together just bugs me.
    I hear this a lot. I've never understood why this bothers people (outside of Cleveland and Toronto). I would much rather have the power in the hands of the players than in the hands of the owners/management.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I guess the Pacers tanked that year as well.
    Not really.

Both teams were really that bad. But the Rockets put themselves in that position by refusing to re -sign League MVP Moses Malone, only to sign and trade him to the 76ers.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-05-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I hear this a lot. I've never understood why this bothers people (outside of Cleveland and Toronto). I would much rather have the power in the hands of the players than in the hands of the owners/management.
    Because, like it or not, that sort of teaming up together thing only takes place in large or exotic markets. While perfectly legal, IMO, it still reeks.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-05-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Because, like it or not, that sort of teaming up together thing only takes place in large or exotic markets. While perfectly legal, IMO, it still reeks.
    That is true, but it kind of happens in every sport. Free Agents almost always filter towards the big cities, even in the NFL. This particular situation happened for a bunch of strange reasons.

1) The NBA's max salary structure allows it.
    2) The NBA's somewhat standardized rookie salary structure allows it.
    3) That draft happened to produce 3 All Stars.

The biggest difference between the NBA and MLB (see the Angels) is that two superstars is enough to contend for a title. That obviously isn't happening in Orange County.

Wow, George Karl is out in Denver.

The Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year have now both left the Nuggets.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wow, George Karl is out in Denver.

The Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year have now both left the Nuggets.
    Did not see that one coming.

Is anyone elses sound messed upon the Finals? The announcers are mixed way down.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Is anyone elses sound messed upon the Finals? The announcers are mixed way down.
    Miami's arena announcer is just that loud.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Miami's arena announcer is just that loud.
    He's quite annoying.

It got btter with about 5 minutes left. Pretty good half of hoops. Wade must made his ref payment today.

I never get tired of those shots of Pat Riley in the crowd when the Heat are losing late.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Spurs hang in there and the Heat never put them away. SA plays a good 4th quarter and Parker makes a semi-miraculous shot to put it out of reach.

Man that was a really really good game. Tony Parker was unbelievable down the stretch. SA's ability to just stick around in the 1st half when Miami was hot from 3 was huge...felt like Miami shoulda been up 10-12 at the half.

The Spurs were clearly the fresher team in the 4th Quarter. Zero turnovers and some great defense. The Heat have no answer for Parker and Duncan and I don't see that changing the rest of the series. It won't be a sweep, but I think it's obvious the Spurs are the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    It won't be a sweep, but I think it's obvious the Spurs are the better team.
    i think your over reacting to one game. Long way to go.

Turn Off Ads?