Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

I don't know Wonderful, fans all over say they want Parity but are usually uninterested if a team outside the big party gets in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I don't know Wonderful, fans all over say they want Parity but are usually uninterested if a team outside the big party gets in it.
    If the pacers win all the national media will talk about is how no one will watch small market Indiana vs Small market San Antonio.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If the pacers win all the national media will talk about is how no one will watch small market Indiana vs Small market San Antonio.
    I think it will be more along the lines of "what does this mean for LeBron's legacy", where does Miami go from here (already comments that they may trade Bosh this offseason), and replaying the "not 1... not 2... " comment from when they were first together in Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yeah I don't know what the answer is there. Maybe the answer is to stop trying to chase huge ratings for the championship; honestly when only 2 teams are left, how can you expect the rest of the nation how aren't into those teams to care?

Football got lucky that its championship is the spectacle it is, maybe the answer for the other leagues is to not focus on drawing all the ratings to the championship, and making the rest of the season more interesting in giving the rest of the league a chance and making the playoffs more than some extra games for fans to watch while their team gets steamrolled by whatever the superstar team of the moment is.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

And speaking of getting steamrolled, Indiana sure is taking it right now. Ugh.

I guess the reports of Wade's demise were greatly exagerated.

I'm bummed Indiana came so close only to lose, but Spurs/Heat was definitely the most interesting possible combination. Hopefully the original Big 3 who actually came and grew together organically can win one more title.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Chip R (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm bummed Indiana came so close only to lose, but Spurs/Heat was definitely the most interesting possible combination. Hopefully the original Big 3 who actually came and grew together organically can win one more title.
    As long as you consider tanking an entire season organic. There is one season in the last 25 that kind of stands out. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    As long as you consider tanking an entire season organic. There is one season in the last 25 that kind of stands out. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/
    To be fair, David Robinson was injured that year. Their top scorer was 37 year old way past his prime Dominique Wilkins.

12. Likes:

Donder (06-05-2013),Revering4Blue (06-04-2013)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    And speaking of getting steamrolled, Indiana sure is taking it right now. Ugh.
    We had a heck of a year. Heck, this run may have saved the franchise. There were still rumblings of the team possibly being a relocation candidate. Now the city is back in love with the Pacers, and attendance should bounce back next year.

The Houston Rockets tanked to get Ralph Sampson, I think it was 1982
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Houston Rockets tanked to get Ralph Sampson, I think it was 1982
    Yup, it was 1983. The Pacers lost the coin flip and wound up with Steve Stipanovich.

The Rockets also tanked to get into the coin flip again in 1984, and were successful, again -- The Rockets wound up with the first pick: Olajuwon.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I guess the reports of Wade's demise were greatly exagerated.
    In the 2013 playoffs - 25% shooting from 3 point land and 10 fewer points per game (compared to previous playoffs and the regular season) sounds pretty bad to me. Game 7 last night may change the perception slightly, but only if the Heat win the whole thing.

People might cut him some slack if he'd just reveal what is wrong with his knee or how bad it is. It's not like it's some big secret at this point that will gain him some sort of competitive advantage.

The idea of a team growing "organically" is somewhat laughable. The Celtics got Larry Bird by drafting him the year before he came out of college. Kareem forced his way out of Milwaukee. Shaq forced his way out of Orlando. The list goes on and on.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The idea of a team growing "organically" is somewhat laughable. The Celtics got Larry Bird by drafting him the year before he came out of college. Kareem forced his way out of Milwaukee. Shaq forced his way out of Orlando. The list goes on and on.
    You're right, but I guess the idea of LeBron/D-Wade/Bosh getting together and making a pact or whatever to play together just bugs me.

Masai Ujiri was officially introduced as Toronto's new GM yesterday, really interested in seeing what he does to turn them into a potential contender.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

texasdave (06-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?