Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Spurs gunna be 1 win away

2. Turn Off Ads?

Spurs get two chances to seal it. I think they do it in game 6.

Watching Danny Green reminds me of catching fire in the old NBA Jam games lol. He is not missing.

I'd like to see a close game again. Besides game 1, they've all been decided early.

I said this series would go 7 and I still think it will. Seems that when either team had to win a game, they did. The Heat will find a way in game 6. It's the NBA way.

And game 7 will just be whoever wants it the most.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I can't remember a team talking as much as the Heat do. Its kinda refreshing the way the Spurs go about their business. After every loss you hear Wade or James say "we have to be more aggressive" or "we have to play harder." Its the NBA Finals, don't you think you should bring your A game every game?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'd like to see a close game again. Besides game 1, they've all been decided early.
    Yup, and it's been a real bummer.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Also it sounds like KG and Doc to L.A. is on the verge of going down.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I can't remember a team talking as much as the Heat do. Its kinda refreshing the way the Spurs go about their business. After every loss you hear Wade or James say "we have to be more aggressive" or "we have to play harder." Its the NBA Finals, don't you think you should bring your A game every game?
    I've already heard Duncan and Ginobli both say today that they knew they needed to be "more aggressive" in Game Five. I've heard Manu say it in 2 or 3 different interviews. Actually, both teams have been talking that way the entire series. I mentioned it on another site, and said the exact same thing you did. It's the NBA finals and neither team can get up for every game? I guess that's why there's been one good game and four blowouts. You'd think with the money they make, and a championship on the line, effort wouldn't be an issue for either team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Also it sounds like KG and Doc to L.A. is on the verge of going down.
    I heard this on the radio. Since when can coaches be involved in player trades? I didn't even know that was allowed, in any sport?

Not surprised the Heat lost last night. Not that the Heat didn't give it their all but I'm guessing that they figured they had those 2 home games in their back pocket and if they lost game 5 they would come home and win games 6 and 7. Not that they will do that for sure but I will wager they will play with more urgency in game 6 and win that one. As for game 7, who knows?

Also, what do you think of the 2-3-2 format for the finals? I grew up with the 2-2-1-1-1 format where the team with homecourt advantage had game 5 at home but watching those Philly/Boston/LA series where they played a game on the east coast then a game on the west coast then a game bask on the east coast I always wondered why they didn't do it 2-3-2 like the World Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Also, what do you think of the 2-3-2 format for the finals? I grew up with the 2-2-1-1-1 format where the team with homecourt advantage had game 5 at home but watching those Philly/Boston/LA series where they played a game on the east coast then a game on the west coast then a game bask on the east coast I always wondered why they didn't do it 2-3-2 like the World Series.
    I don't like the 2-3-2 format. At no point in a series should the team that doesn't have homecourt advantage have played more home games than the team with homecourt advantage. It makes the whole homecourt advantage thing a moot point.

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (06-18-2013)

Also, I don't think the traveling is an issue anymore in any of these series, because they regularly take a couple days off between games now. I'm not a fan of that either. A single series shouldn't take more than two weeks to complete.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I heard this on the radio. Since when can coaches be involved in player trades? I didn't even know that was allowed, in any sport?
    It has happened before. I remember this transaction well.

June 7, 1983

The New Jersey Nets signed Stan Albeck (coach) as a veteran free agent and sent Fred Roberts and a 1983 2nd round draft pick (Kevin Williams) to the San Antonio Spurs as compensation.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...nsactions.html
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Time to ditch to 2-3-2 Finals Format.

Obviously the situation is vastly different than it was in 1984. Team charters make travel much easier. The NBA is in position to work with ABC on the television schedule.

Right now it seems the NBA uses the 2-3-2 system only because that’s the way it has been done for 29 years.

There were very good reasons to change the system after the 1984 Finals, although, looking back, that certainly ranks as one of the greatest championship series in NBA history.

But the reasons no longer exist. It’s time to go back to the past. It will make the future much better.
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06...finals-format/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I can't believe they have been doing 2-3-2 for 29 years. Doesn't seem that long ago.

OK, for those who like the 2-2-1-1-1 format, would you like to see the World Series change to that format?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hofst6YUktQ

"Get up and b**** at the ref"
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?