Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    i think your over reacting to one game. Long way to go.
    True, but the Spurs have a lot of the same matchup advantages the Pacers had and instead of George Hill they have an MVP caliber point guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    True, but the Spurs have a lot of the same matchup advantages the Pacers had and instead of George Hill they have an MVP caliber point guard.
    I 'think' the Pacers were a more physical team. But I also think that the Heat needed to win that 1st game. They needed to take advantage of the Spurs rust which they did not. I have questions as to whether Wade can take another series of pounding and if Bosh doesn't show up it may be a short series.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I 'think' the Pacers were a more physical team. But I also think that the Heat needed to win that 1st game. They needed to take advantage of the Spurs rust which they did not. I have questions as to whether Wade can take another series of pounding and if Bosh doesn't show up it may be a short series.
    Spurs didn't look too rusty to me. If anything they had the advantage in the 4th quarter due to the rest. That should all be normalized from here on out. Obviously James needs to score more than 18 points and obviously passing the ball out to Bosh for a 3 point shot is a total waste of time. Miami now has to win on the road, but if they can't do that they don't deserve it.

Long way to go. Fans always overreact to game one in any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Spurs didn't look too rusty to me. If anything they had the advantage in the 4th quarter due to the rest. That should all be normalized from here on out. Obviously James needs to score more than 18 points and obviously passing the ball out to Bosh for a 3 point shot is a total waste of time. Miami now has to win on the road, but if they can't do that they don't deserve it.

Long way to go. Fans always overreact to game one in any sport.
    First Round
    Last Year: Miami smoked New York 4-1
    This Year: Miami swept Milwaukee

Second Round
    Last Year: Miami slogged through Indiana (and were down 2-1) but won 4-2
    This Year: Miami slogged through Chicago (and were down 1-0) but won 4-1

Third Round
    Last Year: Miami fended off a really tough Boston in 7 games.
    This Year: Miami fended off a really tough Indiana team in 7 games.

Finals
    Last Year: Thunder won game 1
    This Year: Spurs won game 1
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

6. Likes:

BillDoran (06-08-2013),Mutaman (06-08-2013)

Yeah. I guess I want the Spurs to win but Miami played poorly and still had a shot. And given that they've often lost home court and still won the series I would not feel comfortable at all if I were a die hard Spurs fan.

Actually part of me wants the Heat to win simply because of the lack of respect the Pacers get from a lot of Spurs fans I know. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "The Heat aren't as good this year, I mean Indiana took them to 7 games."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 06-08-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I don't think the Spurs played that well. 41% from the field and they were getting the shots they wanted. Miami played a great 1st half and the Spurs sputtered along and hung around.

Hard to figure out too much from one game. The Spurs are going to shoot much better in this series, but they will prolly not take care of the ball as well as they did. Miami will have better 4th quarters, but I don't think they can rely on the role player contributions that they got in game 1.

Overall I think SA is the better team here, they feel like the better team. Almost like they've got it set in their minds to win another one for Duncan. When you have Lebron he can make up for just about anything tho.

I'll stick with Spurs in 6. They won't get rattled if they get blown out one game, they know how to handle close game pressure, and they have Pop on the sideline to handle all adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I don't think the Spurs played that well. 41% from the field and they were getting the shots they wanted. Miami played a great 1st half and the Spurs sputtered along and hung around.

Hard to figure out too much from one game. The Spurs are going to shoot much better in this series, but they will prolly not take care of the ball as well as they did. Miami will have better 4th quarters, but I don't think they can rely on the role player contributions that they got in game 1.

Overall I think SA is the better team here, they feel like the better team. Almost like they've got it set in their minds to win another one for Duncan. When you have Lebron he can make up for just about anything tho.

I'll stick with Spurs in 6. They won't get rattled if they get blown out one game, they know how to handle close game pressure, and they have Pop on the sideline to handle all adjustments.
    If Miami plays up to their abilities, they will win. If not, the Spurs can win.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    If Miami plays up to their abilities, they will win. If not, the Spurs can win.
    I think it's easy to say that both ways. When SA gets their offense rolling they're almost impossible to beat. SA has two players that Miami can't guard, the only unguardable Miami has is Lebron. When Wade was Wade Miami was a totally different monster, I haven't seen anything from him that tells me he's remotely close to being 100%.

Obviously Lebron can carry a team, I just don't think he can beat the Spurs on his own.

My point was that people were saying how bad Miami played and still had a chance to win game 1. I was just pointing out that the Spurs played a poor game by their standards as well.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-09-2013)

I think the series will go 7. Both teams are too good to allow the other team to get the upper hand for very long.

Having said that, tonight really is a must win for the Heat. Otherwise, sweeping the Spurs in SA is daunting task.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-09-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Unlike the Spurs, the Pacers lacked the outside firepower and bench production. As for George Hill, the problem is two-fold; Hill is the chief facilitator and best outside threat at the same time, that's not going to work against a team like the Heat.

IMO, for the Heat to win this series, Bosh is going to have to play like the Superstar some believe that he is. Bosh is certainly a star player but a Superstar -- ala James, Wade and Duncan -- I just don't see it.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wow, George Karl is out in Denver.

The Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year have now both left the Nuggets.
    IMO, filling the GM role in Denver will prove to be much tougher than hiring a new head coach.

If Denver isn't the best NBA HC job open, then what coaching job is? Arguably Memphis is Hollins is jettisoned?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Couple of beat downs in games 2 and 3. I expect game 4 to go down to the wire.

I'm pretty disappointed as a Nets fan with the Kidd hire. First of all, I was a fan when he was here, but I never thought of him as Mr. Net or anything, which is apparently how everyone sees him in retrospect. I just remember he, Carter, and Jefferson quickly going from one of the most exciting trios to the most frustrating.

But my bigger issue is just with Kidd as a person. It hasn't even been a full year since he got drunk and wrapped his car around a telephone pole. And he's the same guy who abused his wife for several years. I know sports isn't a morality contest so when he was playing I could separate that from his play on the court , but as a coach he is supposed to set the example for his players and effectively be the face of the franchise. And in that regard I think he is an awful choice.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

Joseph (06-13-2013)

Interesting:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...ording-sources

The Los Angeles Clippers and the Boston Celtics have formally opened serious discussions on multiple transactions that potentially could add up to a seismic trade arrangement that ultimately lands Celtics stars Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and coach Doc Rivers in L.A., according to sources close to the process.
    Sources told ESPN.com the Clippers are concurrently weighing the prospect of offering star forward Blake Griffin in tandem with prized young guard Eric Bledsoe to the Los Angeles Lakers in a sign-and-trade pitch to land Dwight Howard after July 1.
    Seems like the Clippers are trying to blow it up to get a bunch of aging former Celtics and Dwight Howard along with CP3.

As a Celtics fan I don't want to part with KG and Pierce unless both Jordan AND Bledsoe are coming back. Even then, I'd take Bledsoe over Jordan if I had to choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Watching game 5 and realizing I haven't seen LaBron score a basket in about an hour. The fellow really reminds me of Wilt- all the physical talent in the world, but something just missing upstairs. He disappears for long stretches in big games.

Turn Off Ads?