Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

@GottliebShow: Game Blouses ---who wants pancakes?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Lebron was amazing for 10 minutes in the 4th quarter of game 6, but then he went all deer in the headlights.
    He hit a HUGE three with 30 seconds left in regulation, then hit the game-winning shot with 1:30 left in OT. The Heat lose Game 6 if Lebron doesn't hit those clutch shots.

[QUOTE=Stray;2888731]. He was incredible in this run when Wade and Bosh barely showed up.[/QUOTE

Wade barely showed up? 23 points and 10 rebounds is fair to midling. Congratulations Dwyane on your third ring.

[QUOTE=Mutaman;2888737]
    . He was incredible in this run when Wade and Bosh barely showed up.[/QUOTE

Wade barely showed up? 23 points and 10 rebounds is fair to midling. Congratulations Dwyane on your third ring.
    He played great tonight, no doubting that. Hopefully he'll get his trophy for Dirtiest Player in the League soon.

[QUOTE=Razor Shines;2888742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post

He played great tonight, no doubting that. Hopefully he'll get his trophy for Dirtiest Player in the League soon.
    He's got three rings, doesn't need any more hardware this year.

That's cool. He is certainly a HOFer and if they redo the top 50 he has a shot, but the dude is dirty. And I don't care about his flopping.

Magic talking to Wade right now on ESPN ".....you are one of the greatest unselfish players I've ever known..."

Magic talking to Wade right now on ESPN ".....you are one of the greatest unselfish players I've ever known..."
    Are you surprised by Magic saying that? What do you expect Magic to come out and say "You're an *)@ for how you flop around out there like a fish out of water?" It was probably a line feed into his ear by someone at the network.

Congrats to the Heat, LBJ you did what the best player in the NBA is suppose to do. Did anyone else notice a bunch of empty seats for tonights game?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Are you surprised by Magic saying that? What do you expect Magic to come out and say "You're an *)@ for how you flop around out there like a fish out of water?" It was probably a line feed into his ear by someone at the network.
    Just quoting Magic. You can make of it what you want. I can believe Magic Johnson or some guy named Slyder. Hmmmm. let me think about that.

He is a great and unselfish player. That's true. But he's also a dirty player. You can be both and he is.

Wade has a chance to match Kobe's 5 titles, especially if they can keep that team together. He is the greatest shot blocking guard of all time and made six or seven absolutely phenomenal defensive plays last night. He was as good as anyone can be in his physical condition.

As for the dirty part, I watched some of the youtube clips of him being dirty and most of them are a reach. He's got a little old school NBA in him. Let them know you are here. Look up Kobe. Look up Garnett. Look up Chris Paul. Look up Kevin Mchale. Tons of players do/did that stuff.

I guess it depends on your viewpoint. For example, Tim Duncan is considered clean and pure, but if you watch him, he does a ton of little things to gain subtle advantages. Last night, there was a big play in the fourth where Chris Bosh went to set a screen and got called for a moving screen. Why? Tim gave him a little shove on the way to the screen. Is that intending to hurt someone? No. Is it dirty? Maybe not. Who knows.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

No. He's dirty. I've never looked up his clips on YouTube. I've seen him do stuff during the games. I don't mind hard fouls on a guy with the ball. Breaking Kobe's nose in the AS game was dirty but its one of the things lower on the list. This article was posted here this year but a lot that stuff I said on this board last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...ys-for-the-win

Wade does stuff that as a long time basketball player you know better than to do. I've said it so many times, I don't really care about his flopping and doing things to gain an advantage. Wade goes beyond that. Shoving dudes from behind on a dead run. He dropped the People's Elbow on Parker last night.

If this was old school NBA it would be cool because he'd get his back. In the days before a good hard foul became an F1. That's the way I was taught. Old school where you don't give up easy layups, you try to make a play on the ball but you don't let them get the shot up on the rim. The thing is the more the league has changed to protect stars driving to the basket the dirtier Wade has become.

Everyone's gotten frustrated on the court at one time and done something they aren't proud of and if it were a couple isolated incidents I think Wade would be ok. IMO, I see a pattern.

I don't know why. Perhaps as his body has started to betray him and his skills have faded just slightly he's gotten frustrated. There was a point in last nights game where Wade tried to get to the basket but couldn't and he thought he got fouled, then his man scored at the other end and I could see his frustration mounting. I posted on Facebook

"The Spurs better look out Wade is getting frustrated and that's when he's dangerous.....literally he's gonna injure someone." But then he made a jumper and the frustration faded.

[QUOTE=Mutaman;2888737]
    . He was incredible in this run when Wade and Bosh barely showed up.[/QUOTE

I was talking about the entire playoffs, Wade isn't healthy and it showed.

[QUOTE=Stray;2888820]

I was talking about the entire playoffs, Wade isn't healthy and it showed.
    Fair enough, he's about 50-75 % but that was still good enough.

Loved it when Popovich gave Lebron and Wade big hugs and a huge smile (and if I'm not mistaken, a kiss on the side of the head). His team just lost the 7th game of the NBA finals and he was genuinely happy for the other guys and found it in himself to express that.

That's a whole lot of class there.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?