Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I didn't mean Lebron didn't make a great play, I meant I don't think Spo did anything real special in drawing it up. I think if George plays that properly Lebron has to take a jumper, which he still may make because he's the best player in the game but I could live with that.
    Right. Catching the ball with his back to the basket 20 feet away, the only way James or anyone else can get a layup in under 2.2 seconds is if the defender is out of position and leaves the runway clear. Otherwise, like you said, James takes one dribble (maybe) and then goes up for the jumper. That's why I thought the initial reaction about Hibbert not being in the game was overblown. Miami had five shooters on the floor and the first priority is to make sure no one popped free on the inbounds play; I don't think it occurred to Vogel to leave Bosh wide open just so Hibbert could be camped in the lane in the unlikely event someone else whiffed his assignment.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How do you let the best player in the world have almost unmolested layups with 10 seconds left in regulation and with 2 seconds left in OT?
    You stupidly take out your 7 footer because you are afriad he can't guard their 3rd best player in case he wants to shoot a 15 foot jump shot.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Right. Catching the ball with his back to the basket 20 feet away, the only way James or anyone else can get a layup in under 2.2 seconds is if the defender is out of position and leaves the runway clear. Otherwise, like you said, James takes one dribble (maybe) and then goes up for the jumper. That's why I thought the initial reaction about Hibbert not being in the game was overblown. Miami had five shooters on the floor and the first priority is to make sure no one popped free on the inbounds play; I don't think it occurred to Vogel to leave Bosh wide open just so Hibbert could be camped in the lane in the unlikely event someone else whiffed his assignment.
    I totally agree. George doesn't make a major gaffe then Hibbert on the floor or not on the floor doesn't really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    You stupidly take out your 7 footer because you are afriad he can't guard their 3rd best player in case he wants to shoot a 15 foot jump shot.
    Sure. But even then, why is there no help? Why isn't LeBron doubled? I don't care if Ray Allen is left open, you don't allow LeBron to beat you - especially with a layup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Sure. But even then, why is there no help? Why isn't LeBron doubled? I don't care if Ray Allen is left open, you don't allow LeBron to beat you - especially with a layup.
    Exactly. That's why I'm of the opinion that it was a great inbounds play. The initial runners cleared it out and caused some confusion on the Pacers part and allowed Lebron to catch the ball at the free throw line. The over play by George helped, but it was still a good design with all the motion.

I don't think the defense was designed for help. That may sound silly but with 2.2 left I think they didn't expect LeBron to get all the way to the rim as quick as he did. And again if George does make a major mistake he wouldn't have gotten to the rim. That defense was designed to keep your man in front and if your man doesn't have the ball stick on him so there's no chance of a quick easy pass. It was supposed to be "let Lebron have the jumper and if he hits it, we can live with that."

In typical man to man, if you're 2 passes away from the ball then you're in a help position but the Pacers weren't playing that way during that last in bounds play. George had done a pretty good job all night of keeping James in front of him, there should have been no way he got to the rim that quick and therefore no reason to be in a help position.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 05-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.

And of course it takes great awareness and skill to instantly realize George is out of position and immediately reverse pivot and go to the rim with your left. Anybody but LeBron and George may have been able to recover enough to contest.

We have another good one on TNT right now. 4th quarter, Lebron and George making plays. LBJ starting to take over the game tho.

The Heat are a great team, no doubt, but one of their players falls on almost every possession. Flop city.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Stat geek...and proud
    Gold swagger baby!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

13. Likes:

George Anderson (05-25-2013),redsfanmia (05-25-2013),Revering4Blue (05-25-2013)

Dwyane Wade should be suspended for Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Dwyane Wade should be suspended for Game 3
    I've been saying for several years that Wade is one of the dirtiest players in the league. All the things I've seen him do and somehow he still has great reputation. And not grab someone's hand and make it look like they grabbed up dirty, he's hurt someone dirty.

16. Likes:

redsfanmia (05-26-2013),texasdave (05-26-2013)

How Dwyane Wade avoided suspension is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How Dwyane Wade avoided suspension is a mystery.
    You are joking right?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?