Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neftali Soto

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Neftali Soto

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I agree. But don't make an argument when it's off base. That's more of my point. Call me crazy but I think lutzs numbers will be better after 3 months too.
    Soto in AAA: .250/.315/.397
    Lutz in AA: .231/.309/.434

The statement was pretty spot on that their numbers in AA/AAA look the same. The park in AA is very hitter friendly, while Louisville is slightly pitcher friendly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Lutz is basically doing his best Rob Deer impression this season at AA, batting 208 with a 296 OBP and a bunch of homers. Take away a couple of those HR and his numbers are awful.
    Take away a couple of sotos homers and he has negative 2. At least lutz has production that can be taken away in theory. I'm not saying either player is going to be a super star but I think lutz is a better prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Soto in AAA: .250/.315/.397
    Lutz in AA: .231/.309/.434

The statement was pretty spot on that their numbers in AA/AAA look the same. The park in AA is very hitter friendly, while Louisville is slightly pitcher friendly.
    Lutz has 2 more homers and 1 more RBI than soto just in his away games.

All and all it's probably a waste of time to argue about guys who's only major contribution to the reds probably will be, hey they were a throw in for a trade for a major league piece. I mean I hope I'm wrong and I hope someone points this post back out to me if I am but unless there are drastic changes to the reds both guys are stuck behind votto.

Lutz has 2 more homers and 1 more RBI than soto just in his away games.
    This season. Lutz has played 20 games. Soto has played 13 games. This season does not matter enough yet to be talking about the stats.

This season. Lutz has played 20 games. Soto has played 13 games. This season does not matter enough yet to be talking about the stats.
    I agree with you on that. I didn't bring up the satisical argument. I know that you're on top of the reds minors. What is your opinion on each player?

I agree with you on that. I didn't bring up the satisical argument. I know that you're on top of the reds minors. What is your opinion on each player?
    Coming into the season I had them ranked directly next to each other. Different players, but similar values.

Coming into the season I had them ranked directly next to each other. Different players, but similar values.
    Cool.

I can see lutz getting a shot before soto. Dusty seems to like him. Either way either of them will probably be replaced by winker in a year if not less if he pans out.

Lutz can play the OF. Soto? Not so much.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 04-26-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Soto with his first HR of the year tonight.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

3 for 4 tonight, now at .273/.322/.704 OPS. Not great but trending in the right direction. Is there any possibility that he can play LF?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    3 for 4 tonight, now at .273/.322/.704 OPS. Not great but trending in the right direction. Is there any possibility that he can play LF?
    I would have brought him up anyway. Reds could use a power man pinch hitting from the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I would have brought him up anyway. Reds could use a power man pinch hitting from the right side.
    Agree. And if needing a fifth outfielder is an issue, surely Frazier's flexibility should partially relieve that problem.

Maybe I'm just excited about Soto's performance today. But he had some very good reports early in his minor league career. At the time, he wasn't hitting for power but the talk was that his power would come.

I'm just wondering whether the Reds have a solid power hitting righty bat at AAA in Soto.

Don't know how it would work defensively, but if Soto keeps hitting for awhile, I'd like to see him up with the big club, particularly while Ludwick is out.

At minimum, he could be a righty bench bat, which the Reds don't really have.

Turn Off Ads?