Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neftali Soto

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Neftali Soto

Hello! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Updated stats:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=519304

2. Turn Off Ads?

I sure hope that line continues! Either he is simply hot for a moment or Nef has finally made the adjustments to catch up to his level. The 6 Ks in 38 abs and the minimally acceptable 3 bb are what impress me most. I know the kid can hit the strikes....its all whether he lays off the balls. Seems to be so far.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I just stopped by to take credit for Soto's recent offensive surge in batting average.

It never fails. Just as soon as you question somebody, they turn it on.

5. Likes:

RedlegJake (04-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I just stopped by to take credit for Soto's recent offensive surge in batting average.

It never fails. Just as soon as you question somebody, they turn it on.
    Question Bruce now! Haha. I'd love to see soto pan out. He's a nice right handed bat. How good is he at third? Idk if he has the speed for the outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Question Bruce now! Haha. I'd love to see soto pan out. He's a nice right handed bat. How good is he at third? Idk if he has the speed for the outfield.
    He makes Frazier look better than Brooks Robinson OR Pie Traynor...so far he has a career sub. 900 fldg pct at third...

If he ends AAA season looking average at third? Then yeah, perceptions will sure change including mine

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    He makes Frazier look better than Brooks Robinson OR Pie Traynor...so far he has a career sub. 900 fldg pct at third...
    Ouch...and I'm not a huge fan of fraziers D at third.

Soto has been abysmal at every position he has tried. He MIGHT play a passable 1B, but even that is in question.

Obviously, given who the Reds have at 1B, he doesn't have much of a future in Cincinnati. Hopefully, the Reds find a team that falls in love with his bat and needs a DH/1B type and are willing to give up a decent prospect to get him.

I think Frazier has made incredible strides this season in comparison to last season.

That play last night where he had to barehand it and zip it to Votto was topnotch.

As for Soto, his only path to the majors with the Reds is in LF. If he can't play that, they should trade him when he's really tearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think Frazier has made incredible strides this season in comparison to last season.

That play last night where he had to barehand it and zip it to Votto was topnotch.

As for Soto, his only path to the majors with the Reds is in LF. If he can't play that, they should trade him when he's really tearing it up.
    He has made strides and i hope he continues to improve but that play is one any major league third baseman should make most of the time.

I agree on trading soto unless we think he's going to be an offensive juggernaut. The reds play in a bandbox where defense is at a premium.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Keep raising that trade value Neffy!

Have you been watching him at 3B this year? He has made many good plays. Has shown great hands and good range. He is well above average this year. It has not even been an issue.

1 for his last 17 and he is back down to .265/.322/.398/.720. Ah the joys of early season small sample sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Have you been watching him at 3B this year? He has made many good plays. Has shown great hands and good range. He is well above average this year. It has not even been an issue.

I've watched some Louisville this year. Soto has a lot of power, but a longish swing. The hitter who looks the most professional to me is Felix Perez.

Turn Off Ads?