Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/25/2013 Reds @ Nationals

Re: 4/25/2013 Reds @ Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Bryce Harper being up is a joke. He's not ready for this and will be back down in a few weeks.

/multiple people on here early last year

Up and in the gym everyday of the off season at 5:05 am. Hate him if you must.
    To be fair, most of the rest of the country had the same opinion of him being brought up so soon. It wasn't just a few Reds fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'll bet my house he's been advised to swing early if he likes it....it's typical Dustyball. Votto and Choo aside.
    I would hope that every player is advised to swing at a pitch if they like it. Regardless of when it comes in the AB.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Honestly, other than a handful of games in which they've exploded, this offense has been mostly terrible the entire month. At what point do we become concerned?

Speaking of which, does anyone know how many runs we've scored against starting pitchers this year, as opposed to how many we've scored against relievers?
    Reds with 1 base runner through 5 innings

Outside of Harper, Bronson seems to be settling in. Quickly 2 down.

1-2-3 for Bronson. 6-1 after 5 full.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    To be fair, most of the rest of the country had the same opinion of him being brought up so soon. It wasn't just a few Reds fans.
    But why? I never understood that at all. The super studs (presumed to be) have always been brought up at 18 and 19 years old. He was one of them.

One of the most inconsistent strike zones I've seen in quite a while. Horrible tonight.

Mes with the walk.
    Bronson pops up his bunt. Ugh.

Nothing going well for Arroyo tonight. He normally handles the bat well.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

But why? I never understood that at all. The super studs (presumed to be) have always been brought up at 18 and 19 years old. He was one of them.
    I think it's more rare for a kid to be brought up that quickly at his age than you believe, so people probably just assume it isn't going to work right away. Throw in some envy as well, since everyone with an opinion has their own favorite team.

The Reds are taking a potentially explosive offense and destroying it. There are only 8 position players in the NL lineup. You cannot have a LF who can't hit. You cannot have a number 2 hitter who can't hit. I believe these things are killing this offense.

If you look closely, it's obvious that Phillips' numbers and Frazier's numbers are coming back down to earth. That's fine, nobody stays hot forever.

But Heisey hasn't hit since 2011. His hitting suits a backup SS or catcher, not a corner outfielder.

Cozart has a 9.7% LD rate. I assume he'll get better but he is not a good enough hitter for the second spot.

The Reds must change these things. They are wasting guys like Choo and Votto.

Good job by Mesoraco to break up the DP. 2 down, Choo at 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Reds are taking a potentially explosive offense and destroying it. There are only 8 position players in the NL lineup. You cannot have a LF who can't hit. You cannot have a number 2 hitter who can't hit. I believe these things are killing this offense.

If you look closely, it's obvious that Phillips' numbers and Frazier's numbers are coming back down to earth. That's fine, nobody stays hot forever.

But Heisey hasn't hit since 2011. His hitting suits a backup SS or catcher, not a corner outfielder.

Cozart has a 9.7% LD rate. I assume he'll get better but he is not a good enough hitter for the second spot.

Tough to make up for an injury to your 4 hitter in the first week.

The guy who needs to do something is Jay. He needs to start hitting. Soon.

Fair points. But who do you play in LF? Paul? His career hasn't shown him to be starter material either. We don't have good options in AAA either.

Cozart, yeah I'd prefer him lower in the lineup, but with 2 guys struggling I can understand Dusty not wanting to bunch them together too. It was clear from the beginning of the year that Dusty's plan was to have Phillips hitting 2nd. The injury changed things.

Cozart now hitting .198. Reds with only 1 hit through 6 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Yay we scored a run!
    "we"
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

17. Likes:

TSJ55 (04-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?