Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2013 Official NFL Draft Thread

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: 2013 Official NFL Draft Thread

Looks like Jones is still available for round 4...if he can last 20 more picks the Bengals could still get him.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll make my yearly statement (feel free to ignore it, belittle it, or be angry at it, you can't hurt my feelings because i think I am fairly alone in this assessment). I hate the NFL Draft.I hate that it dominates my sports coverage for months. It is truly ESPNs greatest creation. They drag months and months of programming out of something that isn't interesting as a televised event and something that is disposable. You (usually) won't know if a team had a good draft for many years and once the draft is over it is almost completely forgotten.

Things that drive me crazy about the Draft:
    -Mel Kiper and that other guy arguing over their fake mock drafts.
    -Fans getting excited/upset at the draft itself. No one has any idea if most of these guys will be good.
    -There are playoff games and do or die games in two other sports happening on the same night, and we spend more time talking about an interior linemans 40 time.

I know many of you love the draft. I'm not blaming you, I'm not upset with you. This is simply my narcissistic diatribe against it. Return to programming as usual.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-27-2013)

Loving this draft for the Bengals so far. They are really embracing the Best Player Available strategy over the past few years, really since 2009, and it is really paying off. Eifert and Bernard are going to be huge additions on offense, Hunt is a physical freak who will have time to develop on the D-Line, and Williams looks like a pro-ready safety to add to the secondary. Way to go, Bengals. Who Dey!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Chiefs fan here..Can I get some Bearcat fans input on Kelce. Looks good on film, and was a must need for Alex. Not a fan of the Fisher pick, would have preferred Joeckel, but looks like BA isn't going anywhere, so Fisher goes to RT. Kniles Davis?.........meh. Not sure what the PTB was thinking here. Too loose with the ball, and Draughns was a nice fill-in for JC last year. Another wasted pick.
    Hopefully today brings us Ryan Nassib, then all wont be for naught.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    I'm a bit surprised that Zac Dysert is still on the board. He would be a good pick for anyone at this point in the draft.
    Witty signature.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Nice Bengal T-Shirt, BTW.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Our newest Jag

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Cardinals putting together a really nice draft.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Chiefs fan here..Can I get some Bearcat fans input on Kelce. Looks good on film, and was a must need for Alex. Not a fan of the Fisher pick, would have preferred Joeckel, but looks like BA isn't going anywhere, so Fisher goes to RT. Kniles Davis?.........meh. Not sure what the PTB was thinking here. Too loose with the ball, and Draughns was a nice fill-in for JC last year. Another wasted pick.
    Hopefully today brings us Ryan Nassib, then all wont be for naught.
    I'm high on him. Great physical TE, but I've heard he had some immaturity issues.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?