Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 4/26/13 - Reds @ DC

Embarrassing

Nice to no Brook Jacoby is held accountable for nothing.

92 pitches

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4/26/13 - Reds @ DC

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    2 games of 162

0.012345679012346 of a season
    Understood WOY, but still....wow. That's pretty bad. Did they just look lost up there or what? Were at least some significantly hard hit balls right at guys? Dare I use the word "unlucky"?
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Game did seem lightning fast. Was hard to be there watching it. Not a lot of Reds fans in the park; oddly so. Usually a better showing. Neither team hit for s++t save the Harper triple and the one situational single by Werth. We just didn't hit a bit worse.

This has to stop tomorrow. If anything can cure offensive anemia, Dan Haren can do it.

Hey, as shameful as it was to be one-hit on two consecutive days, have to remember that Homer pitched a great game and that, even dropping two and being in fourth place, we're two games over .500 (Nats are only one over) and we're just 1.5 back of first place (Nats are 3.5 back).

Tomorrow's another day. An important one as I'd really like us to win the season series and, to do that, we have to take the next two.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Understood WOY, but still....wow. That's pretty bad. Did they just look lost up there or what? Were at least some significantly hard hit balls right at guys? Dare I use the word "unlucky"?
    Its too small a sample for much... but this team had shown a feast or famine result pattern so far.

6. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (04-27-2013)

Just got home from the game. 3rd game I've seen since moving here, so far I think I've seen the Reds score 1 run total in DC. Hopefully they find some bats in this town, would hate to see this trend continue into our matchups in October.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Its too small a sample for much... but this team had shown a feast or famine result pattern so far.
    Understood. Just don't like a downside that is that is that poor on consecutive nights. Anything can happen on any given night but two in a row makes me fret.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    happened last night
    Nope. Happened tonight. Choo drew 1 of 3 BB Gio issued last night to keep the on base streak alive.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Fair points....but be honest....no amount of lineup tweeking was going to make those guys swing the bats any better. We've got multiple guys slumping...HARD, and we're facing really good pitching.

I don't think anybody here thinks Votto, Bruce, Phillips, etc will go hitless for the remainder of the year. ... and we'll get back to winning games.
    Not sure I agree just on your lineup point. I'm influenced some by the thread under ORG about current lineup options. Don't you think at least putting someone more reliable (BP, Frazier, Meso, whoever) in the 2 spot gives a better chance to score a few each game? I do. Love the rest of your post and of course agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Just got home from the game. 3rd game I've seen since moving here, so far I think I've seen the Reds score 1 run total in DC. Hopefully they find some bats in this town, would hate to see this trend continue into our matchups in October.
    They'll find 'em tomorrow. Dan Haren hasn't shown any ability to limit damage and hopefully our guys are sufficiently disgusted with themselves to come to the park a bit angry and productive. Not sure where you were sitting but did you also think we were under-represented? In the past, I've seen better turnouts here but know you're new to the area.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Nice to see Homer with another excellent start. They keep getting the pitching the wins will follow. Incidentally, the Reds nearly got 'Vandermeered'. It was close.

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Embarrassing

Nice to no Brook Jacoby is held accountable for nothing.

92 pitches
    Nice to know you aren't held accountable for your spelling

So far the Reds are 1-7 away. I don't know if it's a factor or not, but wouldn't the three ballparks they have played in away be considered more pitcher-friendly? Right now, and I realize it's still early, Nationals Park is #1 allowing .650 runs/game. And over the course of it's existence, hasn't data shown that the new Busch Stadium is a pitcher's park? PNC is kinda middle-of-the road I guess.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    They'll find 'em tomorrow. Dan Haren hasn't shown any ability to limit damage and hopefully our guys are sufficiently disgusted with themselves to come to the park a bit angry and productive. Not sure where you were sitting but did you also think we were under-represented? In the past, I've seen better turnouts here but know you're new to the area.
    I was behind the RF pole 2nd level, and there were a handful of Reds fans, but did seem to be less than last season's trip. But then again expectations in DC are certainly higher this year than last April.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Game did seem lightning fast. Was hard to be there watching it. Not a lot of Reds fans in the park; oddly so. Usually a better showing. Neither team hit for s++t save the Harper triple and the one situational single by Werth. We just didn't hit a bit worse.

This has to stop tomorrow. If anything can cure offensive anemia, Dan Haren can do it.

Hey, as shameful as it was to be one-hit on two consecutive days, have to remember that Homer pitched a great game and that, even dropping two and being in fourth place, we're two games over .500 (Nats are only one over) and we're just 1.5 back of first place (Nats are 3.5 back).

Tomorrow's another day. An important one as I'd really like us to win the season series and, to do that, we have to take the next two.
    Just to let RZ know this is a very good fan to see a game with. We just happened by sheer chance to have seats next to each other. He's another quality member of RZ.

Not much of a game by the Reds. Not hardly any hard hit balls. This about as bad as I have the bats in quite some time. I hope to at least see two hits today.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on RZ I got some good ones before the game last night. I stood behind the Reds dugout before the game and got some good pictures of Frazier,Choo,Baker,Bruce and Votto signing autographs before the game. These guys were really good about signing balls and whatever else folks had. Choo signed for a long time. Lots of Koreans there to see him too. Frazier seemed especially good with people. Which is no surprise.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just to let RZ know this is a very good fan to see a game with. We just happened by sheer chance to have seats next to each other. He's another quality member of RZ.

Not much of a game by the Reds. Not hardly any hard hit balls. This about as bad as I have the bats in quite some time. I hope to at least see two hits today.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on RZ I got some good ones before the game last night. I stood behind the Reds dugout before the game and got some good pictures of Frazier,Choo,Baker,Bruce and Votto signing autographs before the game. These guys were really good about signing balls and whatever else folks had. Choo signed for a long time. Lots of Koreans there to see him too. Frazier seemed especially good with people. Which is no surprise.

Any of you going tomorrow? I'll be down there with my 4 year old looking to catch some HRs, even if it's just during BP. We'll be in RCF just above the scoreboard.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    Thought I saw it a 2 hours 10 minutes
    Wow. That's both impressive and sad.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Not sure I agree just on your lineup point. I'm influenced some by the thread under ORG about current lineup options. Don't you think at least putting someone more reliable (BP, Frazier, Meso, whoever) in the 2 spot gives a better chance to score a few each game? I do. Love the rest of your post and of course agree with it.
    I don't disagree that you want the best lineup out there. But no, juggling them around yesterday wasn't going to improve their chances to score if none of them could hit the ball. It would just change how many at bats each guy got to make an out.

At this point, however, it won't surprise me one bit to see Dusty do a major juggling act with the lineup just to see if he can kick-start some guys. People act like he doesn't do this...but he has in the past...several times.

Turn Off Ads?