Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/26/13 - Reds @ DC

Re: 4/26/13 - Reds @ DC

Dusty let Izturis bat for himself, and he fouled out on the first pitch. Why did Castellini want Dusty back again? He should have stayed out of it and let Walt pick his own manager.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-26-2013 at 09:19 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

a 5 pitch inning to mercifully put an end to this one!

We're still bad.

Get em tomorrow.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

I just looked at the clock - was that game really 2 hours and 10 min long? Yeesh.
    No one expects the butterfly

Another day, another hit. So, who with get the 1 hit tomorrow?

One hit two nights in a row. And it is Dusty's fault. Right.

by the 5th or 6th inning you could just tell the Reds stood no chance against Zimmerman. He was very tough but the benefactor of having everything hit right at the defenders. Even on the few lasers hit to the outfield, the outfielders hardly had to move.

Homer deserved better. We have an outstanding pitching staff. But apparently we make other pitching staffs look better. Apparently every opponent has Spahn and Sain.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    That's BS sabre-logic. Ask any starting pitcher if wins mean anything to them. Look at Homer's face when he was pulled for a pinch hitter tonight and tell me wins don't mean anything to him. And please save me the sabre-lecture. I've heard it all before.
    NYR, I'm the least saber dude you will ever find. It's a completely BS stat.

A far better stat would be a team's win/loss record for an SP's start.
    Last edited by Always Red; 04-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.

11. Likes:

kbrake (04-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    One hit two nights in a row. And it is Dusty's fault. Right.
    If this were an isolated thing no one would say a word about Dusty. You have read his quotes plenty. You really don't think he has an impact on the approaches these guys have at the plate? He doesn't see the value in working the count and working pitchers. It is always see ball hit ball with him.

Ha Bailey now 1-2. Seems fair.

Don't get too up when you win, don't get too down when you lose. In the long run, the most significant thing that happened tonight was more proof by Homer that he is abig time pitcher. Choo was bound to cool off, Votto and Bruce are bound to start hitting. Ludwick will come back some day. Wish we could start getting it together on the road though. Get enm tomorrow.

Stuff like lineup don't matter if your only going to get 1 hit but in the long run it will matter.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    If it was sarcasm, then this entire site is sarcasm. I've heard all the sabre BS a million times. To say a win for a starting pitcher "means nothing" is ridiculous. I get tired of posters tearing other posters down because they dare say a non-sabre stat is in any way meaningful to a player. Some of you guys will spin anything into an argument just so you can say you won an internet thread, as if it awards you a badge of courage or something. Guess what, most of us don't care about that "honor".
    I'm glad you got that off your chest ---
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    NYR, I'm the least saber dude you will ever find. It's a completely BS stat.
    It is obviously flawed, however it cracks me up when that stat gets ridiculed and yet one of the "smarter ones" (runs created) actually gives credit for runs created when a run doesn't score.

Lots of stats and metrics have flaws. The trick is to keep that in mind when using such statistics.

Turn Off Ads?