Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Trade idea for LF

High five!

Re: Trade idea for LF

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Angels have outfield depth with Hamilton, Trumbo, Trout, Bourjos. The odd man out usually DH's.

I say go after Bourjos. He's hitting over .300 with an OBP around .370. He has speed and plays a very good CF. Move Choo to LF. Bat Bourjos second.

Angels obviously have needs since they're doing so lousy. DH? Neftali Soto? Pitching prospect? but not Cingrani or Stephenson.
    I think it's more likely Bourjous ends up hitting closer to .250 with a .307 OBP.

At least, that's what he's done over 1036 PAs instead of 96 this year.

We already have this player, his name is Chrisavier Pauley.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I'm not really plugged into the ins & outs of the D'backs, but I'm pretty partial to Gerardo Parra.

307/.377/.467 thus far.

Seems like every time I read his name it's followed with some variation of "filling in admirably while Adam Eaton gets healthy."

Seems like he'd slide into the two-hole pretty nicely.

Eh?
    Ive liked Parra since he came up. The guy is something special and he is young. I also dont think the Dbacks appreciate him as much as they should

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

If we were looking at options at 3b, in order to move Frazier to LF, how about Callaspo from the Angels? Relative journeyman, plays all IF positions, career OBP of .335, has a bit of pop, bats from both sides.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Ive liked Parra since he came up. The guy is something special and he is young. I also dont think the Dbacks appreciate him as much as they should
    He cannot bat LH and hit 2nd. That would mean 3 straight LHH at the TOP. Maybe then Dusty would move up Frazier or even Hanigan/Mesorasco

The Royals haven't been smart since Bill James moved away from Kansas City so Walt should pluck Alex Gordan from them.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

The Red Sox lost Hanrahan for the season today. I may be the only one on the board, but I'd be for dealing Broxton or Hoover in a package for AAA OF Bryce Brentz. I wanted him in the draft and still think he'd be a great long term young OF. Not sure the 75 losers would go for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    The Red Sox lost Hanrahan for the season today. I may be the only one on the board, but I'd be for dealing Broxton or Hoover in a package for AAA OF Bryce Brentz. I wanted him in the draft and still think he'd be a great long term young OF. Not sure the 75 losers would go for it though.
    If the Reds trade a good major league player, aren't they going to want a major leaguer in return?

Reds are supposedly a contender, hard to see them trading a major leaguer for a minor leaguer at this point. Right now, I'd expect the Reds to try to strengthen the major league roster, not a future oriented trade for a prospect.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-11-2013 at 10:53 PM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'd deal Broxton. But for more than Brentz. I'd want 2 prospects. I'd want Brentz and Garin Cechinni (High A, 3B). According to their mlb.com website, whoever rates their prospects has Brentz #7, and Cechinni #8. Brentz eta for the majors is listed as 2013. So, someone thinks he's ready. RH power hitting LFer.

It would also free up money to sign Choo.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dodgers need a 3B. Their starter, Luis Cruz, is batting .090 in 67 at-bats. The backup is Juan Uribe, and in 51 at-bats is batting .235.

Maybe a prospect swap - Henry Rodriguez to the Dodgers for double A OFer, Joc Pedersen.

My same old "FA to be from a selling American League team" trade:

Morse from Seattle
    Rios from CWS

My "Could be had cheaper and be a longer term solution" trade:

Kyle Blanks from SD. Young, hulking RH bat. Iinjury history and PETCO suppressed power numbers make him affordable with a lot of upside in GABP.

My "all in" fantasy trade:
    Reds trade whatever it takes from the farm to SD for Chase Headly who signs a LTC once he sees the bliss of hitting in GABP between guys like Votto, Bruce and company. Frazier to LF.

Turn Off Ads?