Thread: 4/27/13 Reds v. Nationals

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 4/27/13 Reds v. Nationals

Todd K's swinging. Crud.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I don't know, is 2 runs in 6 innings off a guy like Haran improvement? Pretty depressing affair.
    A guy like Haren? I know he's scuffled early this season, but it's not like this guy is a scrub. This is an excellent pitcher who's had an excellent career thus far.

I don't know, is 2 runs in 6 innings off a guy like Haran improvement? Pretty depressing affair.
    Yes, after the almost nonexistent offense lately, it is.

We continue to get nothing from Bruce or Frazer, and next to nothing from Joey.

We're still bad.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Jay 1 for 4 with some hard hit balls at people lately
    Frazier 1 for 2 and 2nd on the team in rbi's and leading the team in HR's
    Votto 1 for 4 and POUNDED the ball today.

That's not nothing. I could agree with you on Jay to an extent. The lack of power and the really high K rate bother me more than anybody else on the team.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 04-27-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    Probably anecdotal, but we have to play the worst baseball when we go to DC. Do we ever win there or in Philly.
    ...or STL

you do realize that Frazier was barely in the game, but in that short period of time he did get a hit and an RBI?

And Joey got a hit and a run today, and the only run (on a home run) yesterday?

And this one belongs to... the Nationals. Ergh. Well, there's still one more shot tomorrow, and at least we actually got a few on the board today...

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Yes, after the almost nonexistent offense lately, it is.
    2 runs off of Haran, who lowered his ERA to .65 is pretty nonexistent. Nice to see BP break out, but this was a miserable effort. At least Gonzalez and Zimmerman can pitch.

Stat geek...and proud
    I don't get this Haren sucks narrative. He's been good before. He's certainly not as bad as his numbers so far this year. High BABIP. K rate down some but not too bad. About where it was last year and the two years before when he was still above average.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I don't get this Haren sucks narrative. He's been good before. He's certainly not as bad as his numbers so far this year. High BABIP. K rate down some but not too bad. About where it was last year and the two years before when he was still above average.
    Same here. Not getting it AT ALL. Sub-par year last season. Slow start this season. But a GREAT track record for success. Cy Young votes kind of success.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Same here. Not getting it AT ALL. Sub-par year last season. Slow start this season. But a GREAT track record for success. Cy Young votes kind of success.
    If he gets things turned around they have a SCARY rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    you do realize that Frazier was barely in the game, but in that short period of time he did get a hit and an RBI?

And Joey got a hit and a run today, and the only run (on a home run) yesterday?
    Votto with 2 hits in his last 6 games. One hit off of a guy like Haran. Todd with 2 hits in his last 6 games. Like I said, not getting the job done.

Haran's ERA through 4 games was over seven.

Turn Off Ads?