Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 4/27/13 Reds v. Nationals

Re: 4/27/13 Reds v. Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Jay 1 for 4 with some hard hit balls at people lately
    Frazier 1 for 2 and 2nd on the team in rbi's and leading the team in HR's
    Votto 1 for 4 and POUNDED the ball today.

That's not nothing. I could agree with you on Jay to an extent. The lack of power and the really high K rate bother me more than anybody else on the team.
    Jay 1 for 4.
    Pop up to the catcher.
    Struckout.
    Hit a little dribbler to 2nd, error on Espinosa.
    Nice single to left center.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Jay 1 for 4.
    Pop up to the catcher.
    Struckout.
    Have we really sunk so far that we're satisfied with 1 for 4 from Votto and Bruce off of a right handed pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Have we really sunk so far that we're satisfied with 1 for 4 from Votto and Bruce off of a right handed pitcher?
    you do realize there are many opinions to be had that fall between "satisfied" and "nonexistent" yes?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    you do realize there are many opinions to be had that fall between "satisfied" and "nonexistent" yes?
    Whatever gets you through the night. Pretty miserable affair.

Stat geek...and proud
    Haran's ERA through 4 games was over seven.
    Is there a point here? Surely you aren't citing that small sample as a disparagement of Dan Haren. That means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Is there a point here? Surely you aren't citing that small sample as a disparagement of Dan Haren. That means nothing.
    No, it means through the first four games this year he was horrible. But congrats: I was afraid we'd go through the entire game thread w/o someone saying "small sample".

No, it means through the first four games this year he was horrible. But congrats: I was afraid we'd go through the entire game thread w/o someone saying "small sample".
    And one of those starts was against us. Today he was better.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Stat geek...and proud
    I didn't know that was wrong to do, especially when it's true. I suppose you also think Upton is going to hit 84 home runs this year?

I didn't know that was wrong to do, especially when it's true. I suppose you also think Upton is going to hit 84 home runs this year?
    Let me be the first to say today: Its still early.

Stat geek...and proud
    I apologize for the snark Muta. My allergies have me in a mood.

This was a tough loss. Yeah, yeah, much improved in important ways and some bad luck. But I wanted this one especially to give us a chance at the season series...now gone. Was a gorgeous day for some not so gorgeous ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Warmest, sunniest day of the year yet here in DC. This is a day for us. That's no empty assertion:

I say 6 minimum. It's going to be a good day.

Have to agree wholeheartedly with you, RedsBrick. But no negativity for me right now. Off to the park. We will win.

- Rendon will be strong in the future. In today for the Nats in place of Lombo likely hurts the still shaky O

- Haren. Enough said. If we can't smack him around, we don't deserve to be playing until we reset in some way.

- Only prescription aside from the above? Hold Harper. Don't let him beat us. Walk him as needed.

That is all. Win, baby, win...
    Not sure if a RZ violation to quote onself but I'm not so proud that I called the 6-or-more-hits thing right. Implication there was that enough of 'em would be strung together to get us a freakin' win. We didn't hammer Haren We let Harper hurt us again. Haren is a guy with a record but his health was the question last year and he hasn't looked right this year in any start until, kind of, this one. The pitching today was nowhere near as good as from Gio and JZimm. Haren was hittable. More hittable than we did imho.

Quote Originally Posted by leeech86 View Post
    When was the last time the reds has 3 consecutive 1 hitters?
    Sitting next to another RZer today just off the 1B/RF line, we wondered outloud about this very thing...until the second hit.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Win or lose, the Reds have shown definite improvement in this game. Sure, you can say that they still lost, and that Leake had a meltdown, but 9 hits and 3 runs, with solid work from the bullpen is a good sign.
    Nebraska has it right. That's the spirit and all that. As disappointing as the game was today, I'm looking for Cingrani to do some amazing work tomorrow. And I'm definitely looking for and expecting us to take this division again come October.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

I apologize for the snark Muta. My allergies have me in a mood.
    Nothing to apologize for buddy. Just two Redlegs fans in a bad mood after a third straight loss. Actually, you got the better of the argument. Get em tomorrow.

It was a beautiful day for a game. Perfect weather. Too bad the Reds couldn't get the offense going quite yet. But I think its close to a big breakout. If it weren't for Span making a couple of nice catches this would have been a different game. Just some bad luck on the Reds part. The Reds do need a LF in a bad way. Heisey just isn't an everyday player and Paul is suited to be a pinch hitter but not an everyday player. I doubt that platooning these two would make difference either. Some players just aren't suited to be everyday players or even three or four times a week players.
    Hopefully Cingrani can be good again today. This is big test for him. First quality opponent and first road game he's started.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Jay 1 for 4.
    Pop up to the catcher.
    Struckout.
    I didn't mean necessarily THAT game only. Of the guys you listed, Jay is struggling the most. He HAS stung some balls lately that have found gloves...right now though, the K's are a concern for me. I'm wondering if he's pressing due to the entire offense struggling. Regardless, I think he'll be fine, but it sure would be nice for him to figure it out sooner rather than later.

Turn Off Ads?