Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Playoffs.....PLAYOFFS?

Playoffs.....PLAYOFFS?

I did this last year in the sun deck and hopefully Cueto comes back and has a great year.....

Now let's jump the gun and look ahead. Cingrani is tough to pick up....guys aren't hitting him. He's just 23 and using what everyone seems to use I'd be shocked if the Reds let him get over 170-175 inn. This would get him deep into September....but what if this kid gets 30 starts, pitches 173 inn, 14-7 190 K and a 3.15......but isn't available for the playoffs. (This would infuriate me as I hate the Verducci effect)

If the Reds have the same thought they should bullpen him for May and he would have ample innings for the playoffs.....not that you'd ever want a lefty starter in the playoffs.

I know it's silly to look that far ahead with this sample size......but if they don't and he continues to excel, then they'll really look foolish.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoffs.....PLAYOFFS?

He threw 150+ last year and has a fairly effortless delivery, so I don't think 175 would be an outrageous number for him. I think his high pitch counts in those innings would be more of a concern. I definitely agree about having him ready for September though, regardless what it takes to see that it happens.

Leake is just as effortless and they zapped him early.

I'll be unbearable if he's one of our top 3 starters and not pitching in the playoffs.

And 3 weeks from now this thread may be ridiculous....so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Leake is just as effortless and they zapped him early.

I'll be unbearable if he's one of our top 3 starters and not pitching in the playoffs.
    Leake didn't have any minor league experience to build his arm strength up more. And I'll be unbearable right along with you.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

I know it's silly to look that far ahead with this sample size.....
    Let's leave it at this.

7. Likes:

Homer Bailey (04-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's leave it at this.
    That's fine.....I'll keep it from getting swept away though.

Turn Off Ads?