Cozart 6
    Votto 3
    Phillips 4
    Frazier 5
    Bruce 9
    Paul 7
    Miller 2
    Cingrani 1
    It's not Paul that caught my attention. It was Frazier & Bruce flipped.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 4/28/13 Reds v. Nationals

From CTrent:

WASHINGTON — It wasn’t a drastic shakeup, but Dusty Baker did make one very noticeable change to his lineup for Sunday’s final game of a four-game set against the Nationals, flip-flopping third baseman Todd Frazier and right fielder Jay Bruce in the lineup, with Frazier taking over the fifth spot.

The move, in part, was prompted by Nationals starter, lefty Ross Detwiler, but that’s not the only reason, Baker said.

“Frazier’s good against lefties and Bruce has struggled against this guy,” Baker said. “It’s been a struggle this first month with Bruce, period. We need some RBIs from Frazier and he’s been pretty good with men on base.”

Bruce is just 1 for 11 in his career against Detwiler, but this season (albeit still very early, just 112 plate appearances), he’s been much better against left-handers than right-handers. He’s hitting .314/.333/.514 against lefties and .224/.316/.269 against right-handers. Overall, Bruce has just one hit in this series against the Nationals and is hitting just .161/.275/.323 over his last eight games.

Frazier has better career numbers against lefties (.290/.324/.523) than right-handers (.251/.324/.475), but is hitting nearly 100 points better against right-handers (.281/.379/.544) than lefties (.185/.233/.444). Frazier has only faced Detwiler three times, with a double and RBI.

As for how long this lineup change will last, Baker said he didn’t know.

“Things change during the course of a season, because we are in the production business,” Baker said. “Sometimes you’ve just got to do things. You wait and wait and wait and sometimes you’ve got to make a change. I don’t know how long this is for.”
    Oh, and one last thing....Happy Birthday Barry Larkin!

“Things change during the course of a season, because we are in the production business,” Baker said. “Sometimes you’ve just got to do things. You wait and wait and wait and sometimes you’ve got to make a change. I don’t know how long this is for.”

Wow, Dusty is really showing some frustration with Bruce.

If you're not in the Cincy or DC blackout markets, you can watch the game today on MLB.TV.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Corky Miller is more of an automatic out than most Reds pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    the reds offense is not
    I agree. Just pointing out why Dusty is starting him.

Mes has to be in there especially with a lefty pitching against them. Dusty is playing Miller way too much.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I didn't even notice at first glance....Bruce is hitting 6th.
    C. Trent article on this:
    Trying to score some runs. Thumbs up!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Also of note, it seems Donald Lutz has been called up. 1b and LF.

It appears Heisey will be placed on the DL and Donal Lutz called up. Reds say, 'nobody is being called up today' -- note the word 'today'
    -ctrent via twitter

I'm going to the show!!
    First German in the league !!!!
    - lutz via twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Mes has to be in there especially with a lefty pitching against them. Dusty is playing Miller way too much.
    Truth. I'm normally big on pitchers throwing to who they like, but the catcher has to be a serviceable hitter. Corky is WAY over-matched out there.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Looks like the official O/U for the game is 7 and I'm predicting a Reds win and setting their mark at 5 runs on 10 hits. Who's taking what?
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Heisey's out, so is there another choice?
    Robinson?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Looks like the official O/U for the game is 7 and I'm predicting a Reds win and setting their mark at 5 runs on 10 hits. Who's taking what?
    I took the Nats on the -1.5 runline at -160. Seems like easy money.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I wish I was comfortable with Corky's hitting
    Opposing pitchers seem to be.

16. Likes:

CySeymour (04-28-2013),Red Raindog (04-28-2013)

Reds game is a free game on mlb.com. I can only get it on the audio part.

Turn Off Ads?