Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 4/28/13 Reds v. Nationals

Re: 4/28/13 Reds v. Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    No one said it was an easy play. Too often I see this in MLB. It's like the official scorer forgets it's MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL and not high school (or Little League). High standards should apply, ya know? If an OF gets there in plenty of time, even if they have to try and make a sliding catch, and they drop the ball, that's an error. It shouldn't even be debatable.

And as anyone who has played OF will tell you, making a sliding catch in the OF is not very hard. It's not extremely easy, but it's not hard by any means. That should have been an error on Choo (although that's the last thing he needed ... ha).
    Totally agree, and they way they went on and on about the 2 Span catches yesterday, yes they were good catches but not great or spectacular (Kelch) ect. ect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So if I recall correctly, the articles I read were indicating that once Johnny Cueto was called back up, Cingrani would most likely be sent back to the minors. I say we keep him.

Looks like I chose the wrong game to miss in DC. Two years in a rown I went on Friday and Saturday and they lose. Miss Sunday and they win. Next year it will be the sunday game for me.

Great game by Cingrani. Looks like we got another very good starter. I felt like this was a key game for Cingrani as a goos way to judge him against a quality team. He was great. I really liked how he got thrugh that bases loaded jam. Really bowed his back and went work. If I were Mike Leake I would get a hold of a bullpen handbook to learn what goes on down there. He may be finding himself a spot down there when Cueto returns. Or maybe a bus ticket to Louisville.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

part of BBN

In a side note, maybe someone can help me with this. I used to have a Bill Bonham baseball card which said on the back, he struck out 4 in one inning.
    Not sure why I remember that but I do. Did he not do this with Reds as he wasnt listed ? May have been another team he was with.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Looks like I chose the wrong game to miss in DC. Two years in a rown I went on Friday and Saturday and they lose. Miss Sunday and they win. Next year it will be the sunday game for me.
    So we'll win on Friday & Saturday and lose on Sunday. I like it, a 2-for-1 trade. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Haven't tried to catch up on the posts above so apologies once again for any repetition. Have to share a brief retrospective from the field.

Today at Nats Park, despite a bit of rain, was a beautiful day. Loved seeing Cingrani mow down hitters so calmly (and get his first hit...and a 4 K inning). Loved as much how he handled the bit of trouble he encountered. JV seems like he's getting back on track. The Missile got to do what he does...and did it well. And, after three days of misery, we won! we won!

Sure, still a bunch of concerns but, at least for today, it was all sunshine and rainbows here in Washington. Don't believe what the meteorologists say.

Maybe now we can go into St Louis and at least take 2, continuing the progress of the past two days. Then maybe a sweep in Pittsburgh before heading back home? Can hope but a great day today. If TC pitches one or two more like today, I don't know how Leake stays in this rotation.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    This Little League mom doing the official scoring today is cracking me up. A beer-league softball outfielder would have had that ball Choo dropped and they called it a double? Haha. This is MLB last time I checked. "Johnny tried hard" logic shouldn't apply when deciding between hits/errors.
    Couldn't resist checking out several pages of the thread and spotted Blitz's above. Knowing today was to be Cingrani v. Detwiler (until today, the Nat's best this year), I got some better than usual tix right off home plate so I could really watch closely without the binocs. No joke, next to me was a Little League grandmother scoring the game with her husband. She was scoring us and then would hand the score sheet to her husband, who'd score the Nats. She told me Cingrani had 11 Ks when I thought it was 12. She also used some profanity in expressing the same point of view--that Choo's sliding miss should have been error. Luckily her pencil had an eraser. Yep, a great day in DC. Lots and lots more of that please.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Awwwriight! Raised that record to 2-8 on the road.
    I'll take that in April rather than August. Lots of time to make up ground from that dismal streak.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?