Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didi Vs Cozart

Didi Vs Cozart

Didi has impressed so far in Arizona..He very well may be a player the reds will look back on and regret, if they don't sign Choo or win a championship this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Didi Vs Cozart

I haven't followed didi this year , is he starting in Arizona and what are his numbers.

.402 2homeruns in limited action

One week in the majors.

But Cozart is batting .200+ with Votto protecting him

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    One week in the majors.
    HOF here he comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    HOF here he comes!
    He is the next jeter. Duh!

Hi again, guys, been a long while since i've been here, but i'm back and ready to spur the Reds on to a World Series title! Yes, Cozart has struggled at the plate (even his two hits today were marginal). However, maybe i'm old school, but his defense is INVALUABLE. Especially w/BP manning 2B, we have what I believe to have the best middle infield in the majors, and will for the next decade. Injuries, etc have hurt - meaning he probably should not be batting 2nd in the order, but I, for one, will take a
    .250 hitter w/occaisional pop if he has a gold glove - which he will have several by the time he's done. Just my take. Go Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMemphis View Post
    Hi again, guys, been a long while since i've been here, but i'm back and ready to spur the Reds on to a World Series title! Yes, Cozart has struggled at the plate (even his two hits today were marginal). However, maybe i'm old school, but his defense is INVALUABLE. Especially w/BP manning 2B, we have what I believe to have the best middle infield in the majors, and will for the next decade. Injuries, etc have hurt - meaning he probably should not be batting 2nd in the order, but I, for one, will take a
    .250 hitter w/occaisional pop if he has a gold glove - which he will have several by the time he's done. Just my take. Go Reds!
    Agreed. Great defense wins championships. He's hitting out of place and is still probably scuffling because of the HBP on the hand. Find a two hole or 4 hole hitter. I'm sure Walt will turn one out, and cozarts numbers will look great in the 7 or 8 slot.

11. Likes:

DavidMemphis (04-28-2013)

Didi is better defensively than Cozart, the question was in the bat.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

I am a Cozart fan and supporter, but Walt should have done EVERYTHING he could to still acquire Sin Shoo Choo WITHOUT giving up Didi Gregorius. The kid is an absolute stud, just turned 23. I think we traded him way to soon, IMHO. I would have called Clev and offered Stubbs/Corcino/Soto for Choo. Having Didi in AAA would be huge, honestly his defense, range, athletic ability and arm are far superior to Cozart's. Didi has also grown up a bit in body size, his bat speed and pitch recognition has increased, plus his power has shown up so far as well. I think Walt is going to regret the trade of Gregorius very soon, he can hit to all fields, gold glove defense and he's just the better overall SS, Arizona found themselves a franchise SS. If you were going to trade him to Arizona, I would have tried this:

Stephenson and Gregorius for Justin Upton (Obviously Towers LOVES Didi)

Then you call Clev and offer:

Stubbs, Corcino and Soto for Choo

Think of our line up:

Choo
    Phillips
    Votto
    Upton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    Cozart

I knkw DiDi was ranked defensively higher. Its not like cozart is a hige drop off though. Cozart is solid at the major league level. Very solid. Has turned in some gold glove caliber plays already this year. His bat will come around. Lets not get all worked up over DiDi because of a few games. He may very well have a better career when it's said and done but in context of what the reds are doing right now and who they got for DiDi I think cozart was the best choice for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    I am a Cozart fan and supporter, but Walt should have done EVERYTHING he could to still acquire Sin Shoo Choo WITHOUT giving up Didi Gregorius. The kid is an absolute stud, just turned 23. I think we traded him way to soon, IMHO. I would have called Clev and offered Stubbs/Corcino/Soto for Choo. Having Didi in AAA would be huge, honestly his defense, range, athletic ability and arm are far superior to Cozart's. Didi has also grown up a bit in body size, his bat speed and pitch recognition has increased, plus his power has shown up so far as well. I think Walt is going to regret the trade of Gregorius very soon, he can hit to all fields, gold glove defense and he's just the better overall SS, Arizona found themselves a franchise SS. If you were going to trade him to Arizona, I would have tried this:

Stephenson and Gregorius for Justin Upton (Obviously Towers LOVES Didi)

Then you call Clev and offer:

Stubbs, Corcino and Soto for Choo

Think of our line up:

Choo
    Phillips
    Votto
    Upton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    Cozart
    That's all good. I can see maybe Arizona going for that part of the deal but Cleveland probably thinks they got more with Bauer. Personally I'd have gone all in on upton. I always thought the reds needed a right handed plus bat behind votto more than they ever needed a leadoff guy. I love choo FYI, but at the time we had Phillips who could leadoff although it wouldn't have been ideal as well as cozart who could and our best prospect bats leadoff. Just by having Phillips alone in the one or two spot instead of Stubbs would have raised the obp. Even if Hamilton was up prematurely he wouldn't have to light the world on fire. He'd just have to be better thans Stubbs.

Despite Kevin Tower's hilarious claim of Didi being "The next Derek Jeter", I still don't see him as being much of a loss. His hot start is just small sample size noise that means very little.

Cozart's defense is solid enough in my opinion and he's got more power that Didi.

so far Didi has looked solid, but in a very small sample.

Turn Off Ads?