Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game confirms it for Cingrani

This game confirms it for Cingrani

This game pretty much confirms it to me Tony is ready to pitch in the big leagues...But when Cueto comes back where do you put Leake? It wouldn't be a smart decision to send him down.

6IP 2 hits 11ks and 1 walk against the Nats
    Last edited by DWS1125; 04-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    EMAW

Re: This game confirms it for Cingrani

he stays, no doubt

Let's wait until he makes a few more starts and there is more film on him, the true test will be his second time around the league.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Yes, he is off to a very good start but let's not jump the gun too much. Once teams start figuring him out it will be a very different game with him on the mound. He needs to be tested a bit more before we can work him into the rotation. At the very least we know we have a guy who can step into the rotation if there is another injury.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

Waiting for the 2nd time around. I remember Jack Armstrong.
    "Me carrying a briefcase is like a hotdog wearing earrings." Sparky Anderson

I think a lot of people have forgotten how dominant Mike Leake was during his first half season in the majors. I like Cingrani and think he could turn out to be a very good number 3 pitcher, but let's temper the expectations just a bit. He has been nothing short of dominant so far in his pro career, so it's definitely okay to be excited. However, he hasn't yet shown that he can handle the workload of a full season, and he could certainly stand to develop his secondary stuff a little more and work on his control a bit.

8. Likes:

RedlegJake (04-30-2013)

who cares about second time around? he going to be fifth starter!! and you need a leftie in rotation. besides that they won't pay nationals again this year unless playoffs. it's ok to be optimistic on this kid. I love his make up..he's a bulldog not a nippler that rely on junk pitches

This is the year

well again. I agree people have forgotten how pumped everybody was for leake when he first came up. More of the story needs to be told until we know for sure we have a stud.

I agree however we do need a leftie in the rotation.

When Johnny C returns, TC goes back to AAA to continue to master his other pitches and Leake remains in the fifth spot and Tony comes back up when another pitcher goes on the DL as will happen.

This is the year

ehhh typically i might agree with you^ but if he continues to succeed i dont see this happening.

Who cares about the second time around the league? Worry about that when it comes. As it is now, enjoy the dominance he is showing and don't question it. This team is playing like garbage on the road, and his performance is one of few that seem road-proof.

let's trade Leake, and BHam for Fowler then sign Choo, now make the Rockies do it

Trade Leake? The Reds are going to need 6 starters all season long. Last years injury free rotation is history. Next year Arroyo is gone. Corcino has looked horrible so far. Leake is still needed and valuable. I rather see them stashing TC in the pen until needed in the rotation again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Trade Leake? The Reds are going to need 6 starters all season long. Last years injury free rotation is history. Next year Arroyo is gone. Corcino has looked horrible so far. Leake is still needed and valuable. I rather see them stashing TC in the pen until needed in the rotation again.
    i agree, but i have faith in our farm system

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    let's trade Leake, and BHam for Fowler then sign Choo, now make the Rockies do it
    Leake and Billy? Holy overpay Batman!

Leake and a resurgent Soto or Corcino and Soto if Corcino strings a few starts like his last. Either might get it done. If Col. is out of it they'll want prospects most likely and if they are still in it they will probably want Cueto like pitching in return. Regardless no way I send Billy AND one of 6 starters to the Rox for Fowler.

Turn Off Ads?