Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade time: Bruce and Leake for a cleanup hitter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Trade time: Bruce and Leake for a cleanup hitter

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Wins is the wrong way to evaluate pitching! You can basically suck and still get a win or vice versa. The starters collective era is just well below 4 and 2 nd to the Cards.
    Case in point, Saturday, Latos wasn't good Saturday, going 6.0 innings, giving up 9 H, 7 R (6 ER), walking 3, and striking out 4. He got the win because Burgos was brutal.

Overall the pitching staff is #1 in NL in WHIP (1.20), #5 in ERA (3.58), #2 in K's, #3 in BAA (.242) and 5th fewest walks allowed. That's overall, not just the starting pitching. It would not be smart (IMO) to give up any ML pitching at this point.

Offensively, the Reds are #7 in avg (.248), #1 in R (180), #2 in OBP (.332), #8 in SLG (.390), #8 in HR (37), #4 in 2B (63)...I'm not sure what to make of this offense, but the I'm not sure staying the course isn't the best action at this point.

Anybody know where I can find the total number of runners left on base?

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-15-2013)

Turn Off Ads?