Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Sharky" Rogers

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: "Sharky" Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well how serious does someone need to take him to be "taken seriously" if being top 10 isn't serious?
    Seriously?

Doug, my "seriously" comment wasn't directed at you.

Reds don't have him even listed on their website in their top 20 prospects.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/p...d=cin#list=cin

Probably an oversight, or simply pushing their other prospects. But certainly Rogers is top 10. And with Cingrani with the major league club, based on Rogers numbers right now, he'd have to be in the top 3 prospects "closest to the majors", wouldn't you think? I don't include veteran pickups like Galarraga or Hessman or retreads. I'm talking true Reds developed prospects.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The Reds have nothing at all to do with that list. They aren't pushing anyone with that list, it was done by a guy who works for MLB.com.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 05-08-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo.... like an idiot

Rhe Reds have nothing at all to do with that list. They aren't pushing anyone with that list, it was done by a guy who works for MLB.com.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    That makes sense.
    Except for that typo I made....

Doug,

I read your analysis of Rogers. You say he's a groundball pitcher, which would play well in GABP.

Do you see Rogers making it to the majors as a starter? You also said he is developing a third pitch which lead you to believe he can make it as a starter.

Do you think he'll make it someday? What's his ceiling.......a #3, 4, or 5?

I am working on something about Rogers right now for the website, though it may not be up until next week. I don't want to get into it until after that runs.

I am working on something about Rogers right now for the website, though it may not be up until next week. I don't want to get into it until after that. Besides, I got the runs.
    You got the runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    You got the runs?

Every day. Life is tough.

Maybe 'Corky' Miller has some advice for you.

Bumped because Sharky is starting to handle AAA hitters as well as he did AA. This guy is going to be one of those kids that "surprises" everyone in the media when he arrives, much like Cingrani. Call me a believer, I'm buying the kool-aid.

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Bumped because Sharky is starting to handle AAA hitters as well as he did AA. This guy is going to be one of those kids that "surprises" everyone in the media when he arrives, much like Cingrani. Call me a believer, I'm buying the kool-aid.
    I don't think Sharky has the same upside as Cingrani, but I think he can be a solid MLB starter in the vein of a Jake Westbrook or Jon Garland. Which I'll take any day of the week either in the rotation or as trade bait (pun partially intended).
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

bellhead (08-06-2013)

Pitching Depth in the minors is looking pretty good...

Reds have been lacking guys like Rogers for awhile. Never going to be a star, but a decent chance of being a nice role player in the majors for a few years. Good organizations produce guys like that in bunches every year. They provide cheap production as the 20-25th men on a roster, and are great trading chips.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Reminds me a lot of how LeCure was projected, handled, and ultimately performed coming up. Although Sam was a much higher draft pick.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Reminds me a lot of how LeCure was projected, handled, and ultimately performed coming up. Although Sam was a much higher draft pick.
    LeCure had a better chance to start IMO. More pitches.

Turn Off Ads?