Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Updates: Tuesday 4/30/2013

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Minor League Updates: Tuesday 4/30/2013

Louisville involved in a see-saw matinee against the Iron Pigs. Bats trailed 2-0, went ahead 3-2, fell behind 5-3 and have now rallied to take a 9-5 lead. The game has moved along to the top of the 8th.

Chad Reineke was roughed up for the first time in 2013. He went 4.1 innings. He allowed five earned runs on seven hits and two walks. He struck out just to Iron Pigs.
    Jose Arredondo is pitching masterfully. In 3.0 scoreless innings of work so far he has allowed neither a hit nor a walk, while striking out five. They may be grooming him for the long relief role. In ten appearances, he has worked more than one inning in half of them.
    In four plate appearances, Neftali Soto has a single, a walk and been hit by a pitch. He has crossed the plate each time he has reached.
    Kris Negron has homered for the second straight contest. This one came with the bases clogged. Mark that one down.
    Felix Perez and Donald Phipps have two hits a piece.

Bats are hitting in the bottom of the eighth. Negron just smacked a double. It will be interesting to see if they send Arredondo back out there for a fourth inning of work. Burriss is pinch hitting for Arredondo. So I guess that answers that question.

Jumbo Diaz comes in and nails it down. Bats win 9-5.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-30-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Updates: Tuesday 4/30/2013

dave, it almost happened again. I was about to start the thread in the seventh inning, but the phone rang. When I hung up, you'd already done it. It's weird.

. . . We might note, though, that Arrendondo had a dismal blown save a few nights ago. Long relief might be a happy solution . . . And that Soto's only out was apparently a line shot. I've always really liked Soto's bat. Wish there was something available to do with it.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    dave, it almost happened again. I was about to start the thread in the seventh inning, but the phone rang. When I hung up, you'd already done it. It's weird.

. . . We might note, though, that Arrendondo had a dismal blown save a few nights ago. Long relief might be a happy solution . . . And that Soto's only out was apparently a line shot. I've always really liked Soto's bat. Wish there was something available to do with it.
    Nobody said anything when you answered the phone, did they? LOL. It was me. I figured the ten minutes it would take for you to reach the phone with your hip injury would allow me plenty of time to sneak a Game thread in.

5. Likes:

mace (04-30-2013)

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Dayton just underway. Romano got dinged by a comebacker. Trainer came out and, after a couple of practice tosses, Romano will stay in the game.
    Wandy Peralta is getting up in the Dragons' bullpen. That does not auger well for Romano's condition.
    I was going to say that Romano is throwing some heavy cheese, having struck out two in the top of the first, but....
    Top of the second. Romano out; Peralta in. Peralta struggling in the top of the second. Bases loaded and one run in. Two out.
    For some reason Winker is coming out of the game and is being replaced by Humberto Valor. Both Romano and Winker have come out of the game and it is only in the top of the third. Bees push three runs across in the top of the third and lead 4-0. Peralta allows two more hits in the top of the fourth but escapes trouble as Mejias-Brean snags a rope and doubles the runner off second. Dragons still looking for their first hit as they come to the plate in the bottom of the fourth. And still no hits through four, he said, hoping to jinx the no-hitter.
    Dayton gets a leadoff single from Seth Mejias-Brean but can't cash in. Baby steps.
    Still just one hit through seven now. Still trailing 4-0.
    Alejandro Chacin took over pitching duties and pitched a scoreless seventh. He finishes with three scoreless innings. Burlington was held hitless in its last 4.2 innings but it was too little too late.
    Dragons get two hits. A single by SMB, and a double by Tanner Rahier.

Dragons lose 4-0.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Jake or Jacob Johnson gives up a four-spot in the first out west. Bakersfield trails 4-0 after two. Juan Perez (now over .300) and Juan Silva (closing in on .300) both have doubles.
    Gonna be hard to stay up for this one because the Reds' offense has lulled (or is it LOL'd?) me to sleep.
    The Blaze has fought back into this one, taking a 7-5 lead in the seventh.
    Johnson has really turned it around. He has gone six and given up just one more run.

Juan Perez is 2-2 with two walks. D'Anna is 2-4 with a double and three ribbies. Yorman Rodriguez has doubled. Juan Silverio has a solo blast. Chris Berset with a key two-run single. Chris Berset doubled in an insurance run in the ninth.
    Carlos Gonzalez pitched two effective innings in relief, allowing no runs on three hits, no walks and four Ks.
    Brian Pearl earned the save with a scoreless ninth.

Bakersfield wins 8-5.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-01-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Turn Off Ads?