1. Send down Lutz. Bring up Soto. Use as RH pinch hitter agsint LHP from the bench. Will have limited defensive time, but can fill in at first base or third perhaps in blow out games. Reds have no righty punch on the bench right now.
2. Dangle Heisey and a second tier minor leaguer for a stop gap LF veteran hitter. Doesn't have to play great defense. Just somebody who knows what he is doing there. Presumably a guy well on the downside.
3. Until the above trade can be made (if ever) strict platoon of Paul and Robinson in LF. That means Paul only hits v. righties.
4. Until the above trade is made (if ever), hit Paul/Robinson platoon in the second spot. I'm confident Paul can be a reasonable two hitter. In Robinson's case, he seems to be able to slap a hit here and there, won't be a DP risk, may leg some out and steal some bases.
5. Until Hanigan is ready play Mesoraco almost every single day. Also, assess Hanigan's injury. If he will be out much longer, consider bringing up or acquiring a minor league catcher to replace Miller, somebody who hits better.
6. Use Hannahan at third base a bit more against tough righties. Frazier looks overmatched right now. Let Frazier work out some in LF since Reds will be short in the OF if they follow this plan.
7. Hit Cozart in the 8 hole, with Mes seventh. Just think Mes is a more selective hitter and will do better in clutch situations if batters 4, 5, 6 get on base.