Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Tebow Conundrum

Re: The Tebow Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by SaboMVP View Post
    You should probably take a cue from Sonny and bow out while your behind.
    I know you are but what am I?

Which reminds me: it's "you're".

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I know you are but what am I?

Which reminds me: it's "you're".
    So you can't form any argument and have to resort to fallacy, what's new. Try sticking with the actual discussion, instead of grammar Nazi-ing things that aren't even there. Guess you're mad that you can't even argue against anything I've said, just like Sonny couldn't. Your first response to me was a strawman fallacy even.
    Last edited by SaboMVP; 05-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Everything I've said stands and is backed up by logic and the English language. You couldn't form an argument, and resorted to fallacy. You should probably take a cue from Sonny and bow out while you're behind.

Tim Tebow=Bad, but some try to say he's good

Dustin Ackley=Nobody's trying to say he's good

Tim Tebow=Hated

Dustin Ackley=Apathetic
    Well, you seem to finally be getting it. That's three edits, but I guess it's finally sinking in. It doesn't come down to being good or bad (or Ackley would be hated too). It comes down to that fact that people are "trying to say he's good" when he's not. I mean, the whole point of the thread is why do people single out Tebow for hate when he's not the only athlete who's bad.

Basically, he's hated for things that are out of his control for the most part.

Well, you seem to finally be getting it. That's three edits, but I guess it's finally sinking in. It doesn't come down to being good or bad (or Ackley would be hated too). It comes down to that fact that people are "trying to say he's good" when he's not. I mean, the whole point of the thread is why do people single out Tebow for hate when he's not the only athlete who's bad.

Basically, he's hated for things that are out of his control for the most part.
    You were already proven wrong and shown that you can't even form a coherent thought or argument without utterly failing. Get over it.

Tebow is hated because he actually sucks.

You were already proven wrong and shown that you can't even form a coherent thought. Get over it.

Tebow is hated because he actually sucks.
    I think you must post on the Xavier board under the moniker _LH. Maybe you're his son.

Since you've already agreed with me, I'll leave you to your pursuit of fallacious fallacies that are fallacirific.

I think you must post on the Xavier board under the moniker _LH. Maybe you're his son.

Since you've already agreed with me, I'll leave you to your pursuit of fallacious fallacies that are fallacirific.
    You were already proven wrong and shown that you can't even form a coherent thought or argument without utterly failing. Straw men, ad hominem, other fallacies? Get over it.

Tebow is hated because he actually sucks. College Basketball? That sucks more than Tebow. Guess you're just mad you didn't even know what the words I used meant.
    Last edited by SaboMVP; 05-02-2013 at 06:58 PM.

You are teachable. I like that Sabes.

9. Likes:

Razor Shines (05-03-2013)

Nothing you've said in this entire thread has had anything to do with anything I've said. You've been talking to yourself this whole time, melting down because you couldn't even form an argument against anything Ive said. Why is that? And you are aware that you're using a new fallacy now, right?

I like you Sabes. You've got spunk.

12. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-03-2013)

You are aware you're referring to a straw man you've created through affirming the consequent and denying the antecedent, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I disagree he has sought out the media attention.
    I know you are referring to media attention in regards to his faith/beliefs/whatever, but Tebow had a say in where he could have played in Denver. He could have been the starter in Jacksonville for a year, or the backup in New York. He chose New York. I'd say that is seeking out media attention.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I know you are referring to media attention in regards to his faith/beliefs/whatever, but Tebow had a say in where he could have played in Denver. He could have been the starter in Jacksonville for a year, or the backup in New York. He chose New York. I'd say that is seeking out media attention.
    I don't really recall that he had the option to go to Jax and start, but assuming that's true, I would think that the situation in Jax would have been a wild media frenzy. Tebow going back home to QB the Jaguars? That place would have been a complete madnouse all year long. Not that the Jets situation wasn't, but I can't really see how Tebow going to Jax would have been a recipe for avoiding media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Is there an Offense in which he could thrive?
    Ohio State's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ohio State's?
    Well played.

Bill Walsh's system or the greatest show on turf? One thing he's never had was a ground game to keep defenses honest.
    Witty signature.

Some would say, if can't form an argument, you resort to calling someone a terrorist.

Turn Off Ads?