Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: The Tebow Conundrum

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by SaboMVP View Post
    You should probably take a cue from Sonny and bow out while your behind.
    I know you are but what am I?

    Which reminds me: it's "you're".

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member SaboMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I know you are but what am I?

    Which reminds me: it's "you're".
    So you can't form any argument and have to resort to fallacy, what's new. Try sticking with the actual discussion, instead of grammar Nazi-ing things that aren't even there. Guess you're mad that you can't even argue against anything I've said, just like Sonny couldn't. Your first response to me was a strawman fallacy even.
    Last edited by SaboMVP; 05-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by SaboMVP View Post
    Everything I've said stands and is backed up by logic and the English language. You couldn't form an argument, and resorted to fallacy. You should probably take a cue from Sonny and bow out while you're behind.

    Tim Tebow=Bad, but some try to say he's good

    Dustin Ackley=Nobody's trying to say he's good

    Tim Tebow=Hated

    Dustin Ackley=Apathetic
    Well, you seem to finally be getting it. That's three edits, but I guess it's finally sinking in. It doesn't come down to being good or bad (or Ackley would be hated too). It comes down to that fact that people are "trying to say he's good" when he's not. I mean, the whole point of the thread is why do people single out Tebow for hate when he's not the only athlete who's bad.

    Basically, he's hated for things that are out of his control for the most part.

  5. #34
    Member SaboMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, you seem to finally be getting it. That's three edits, but I guess it's finally sinking in. It doesn't come down to being good or bad (or Ackley would be hated too). It comes down to that fact that people are "trying to say he's good" when he's not. I mean, the whole point of the thread is why do people single out Tebow for hate when he's not the only athlete who's bad.

    Basically, he's hated for things that are out of his control for the most part.
    You were already proven wrong and shown that you can't even form a coherent thought or argument without utterly failing. Get over it.

    Tebow is hated because he actually sucks.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by SaboMVP View Post
    You were already proven wrong and shown that you can't even form a coherent thought. Get over it.

    Tebow is hated because he actually sucks.
    I think you must post on the Xavier board under the moniker _LH. Maybe you're his son.

    Since you've already agreed with me, I'll leave you to your pursuit of fallacious fallacies that are fallacirific.

  7. #36
    Member SaboMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think you must post on the Xavier board under the moniker _LH. Maybe you're his son.

    Since you've already agreed with me, I'll leave you to your pursuit of fallacious fallacies that are fallacirific.
    You were already proven wrong and shown that you can't even form a coherent thought or argument without utterly failing. Straw men, ad hominem, other fallacies? Get over it.

    Tebow is hated because he actually sucks. College Basketball? That sucks more than Tebow. Guess you're just mad you didn't even know what the words I used meant.
    Last edited by SaboMVP; 05-02-2013 at 06:58 PM.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    You are teachable. I like that Sabes.

  9. Likes:

    Razor Shines (05-03-2013)

  10. #38
    Member SaboMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Nothing you've said in this entire thread has had anything to do with anything I've said. You've been talking to yourself this whole time, melting down because you couldn't even form an argument against anything Ive said. Why is that? And you are aware that you're using a new fallacy now, right?

  11. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    I like you Sabes. You've got spunk.

  12. Likes:

    Sea Ray (05-03-2013)

  13. #40
    Member SaboMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    You are aware you're referring to a straw man you've created through affirming the consequent and denying the antecedent, right?

  14. #41
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,138

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I disagree he has sought out the media attention.
    I know you are referring to media attention in regards to his faith/beliefs/whatever, but Tebow had a say in where he could have played in Denver. He could have been the starter in Jacksonville for a year, or the backup in New York. He chose New York. I'd say that is seeking out media attention.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  15. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I know you are referring to media attention in regards to his faith/beliefs/whatever, but Tebow had a say in where he could have played in Denver. He could have been the starter in Jacksonville for a year, or the backup in New York. He chose New York. I'd say that is seeking out media attention.
    I don't really recall that he had the option to go to Jax and start, but assuming that's true, I would think that the situation in Jax would have been a wild media frenzy. Tebow going back home to QB the Jaguars? That place would have been a complete madnouse all year long. Not that the Jets situation wasn't, but I can't really see how Tebow going to Jax would have been a recipe for avoiding media attention.

  16. #43
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Is there an Offense in which he could thrive?
    Ohio State's?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  17. #44
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ohio State's?
    Well played.

    Bill Walsh's system or the greatest show on turf? One thing he's never had was a ground game to keep defenses honest.
    Witty signature.

  18. #45
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: The Tebow Conundrum

    Some would say, if can't form an argument, you resort to calling someone a terrorist.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25