Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Much More Rope Do You Give Cozart?

Re: How Much More Rope Do You Give Cozart?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    question is---who ya gonna get?? If hte Blue Jays call up and offer Reyes plus cash for Cazart, we'll do it....but that aint gonna happen. You want a SS with pop, it'll cost you in salary and trade pieces. Reds wont be willing to part with either...
    That would suck considering Reyes is out for three months

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That would suck considering Reyes is out for three months
    I thought it was just a month, but still, if they offered it youd still take it!!!!

I think hes becoming the product of a dusty baker lineup. I dont have a solution other than to switch the batting order around until you find one that works. But the guy in front of votto needs to be someone who can work a count and get on base. They will pitch to the guy before votto the same as they will pitch to votto. meaning nothing good to hit. A pitcher doesnt want someone on base when Joey gets up to bat

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Well, his strikeout rate last year isn't making outs tomorrow. So if your advice is strikeout less, he's already following it. Your advice doesn't seem to be working.

As for the walks, I'd love for him to walk more often. No disagreement there.
    Yes, because 1 month is clearly a better indicator than a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    all year

Question I have is whether they'd consider moving Hamilton back to SS. He's not hitting enough to get out of AAA anytime soon. He may be there awhile -- and if so, they'd have time to reintroduce him to the infield.

This assumes they intend to make a legitimate run at re-signing Choo.
    wasnt a big factor in moving him to the outfield that he was a poor defender?

Cozart is an above average SS overall. Most of us and practically anyone not chewing on a toothpick thinks Cozart is hitting in the wrong line-up position. Therefore, his offensive numbers are skewed toward the negative. If he hits lower in the line-up, I believe he would be the 12-15 HR guy that bats .250.

If he does that, Cozart becomes a top 10 SS in the league. Only 4 SS hit more than 16 HRs last year and only 7 SS hit .280+ avg. Larkin has skewed our offensive SS production.

8. Likes:

bigfunguy (05-02-2013),remdog (05-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    That doesn't mean he k'd too much last year. It means he could've walked more. You're focusing on the wrong stat.
    113 Ks is waaaaay too many for his production. On the Reds, only Stubbs and Bruce K'd more.

--Only 1 SS had more Ks last year than Cozart.
    --7 had more HRs
    --14 had better avg
    --11 had better ops

How about moving Billy Hamilton back to SS and pray that he's ready next year?

People wanting to replace him with Hamilton might want to check Hamilton's numbers in AAA this year. Worse than Cozart's in the big leagues.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

wasnt a big factor in moving him to the outfield that he was a poor defender?
    Lesser defender than Cozart and Didi, for sure. Not sure he was considered "poor." His hands were thought to be a little hard, and his throwing mechanics were unconventional (very sidearmy).
    Last edited by lollipopcurve; 05-02-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    113 Ks is waaaaay too many for his production. On the Reds, only Stubbs and Bruce K'd more.

--Only 1 SS had more Ks last year than Cozart.
    --7 had more HRs
    --14 had better avg
    --11 had better ops
    K's are important but not THAT important. More walks would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Lesser defender than Cozart and Didi, for sure. Not sure he was considered "poor." His hands were thought to be a little hard, and his throwing mechanics were unconventional (very sidearmy).
    Would he be adequate, less than, more than?

Moving Hamilton back to SS is probably not an option IMO. If he could credibly play the position, I think they'd have left him there and tried to move Cozart.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

16. Likes:

coachpipe (05-02-2013)

At this point I'd rather use whatever reasonable trade bait we have left to get a left fielder. Doing that will solve the lineup issue. If Cozart is batting 7th or 8th with good defense I have no problem with him

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Moving Hamilton back to SS is probably not an option IMO. If he could credibly play the position, I think they'd have left him there and tried to move Cozart.
    Plus who plays CF if Choo leaves?

Turn Off Ads?