Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 5/3/2013 Reds v. Baby Bears

Re: 5/3/2013 Reds v. Baby Bears

He's back.....Hoover delivers in the clutch and "vacuums" all of the drama out of the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think we entered Bizarro world there for a minute. Happy to see Chapman get pulled, and Hoover in!

4. Likes:

toledodan (05-04-2013)

For all the early Hoover haters out there, he hasn't given up a run since April 12th (eight appearances) and his ERA is around 3.3 overall this year.

6. Likes:

Chip R (05-03-2013),cumberlandreds (05-07-2013),Screwball (05-04-2013),Tom Servo (05-03-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    He's back.....Hoover delivers in the clutch and "vacuums" all of the drama out of the game.
    He really sucked there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Chapman is so clutch, pitching to the score like that.
    Had the Reds lost, would Chapman have been charged with a blown save since he entered in a non-save situation?

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

JayStubbs (05-03-2013),toledodan (05-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    He really sucked there.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Had the Reds lost, would Chapman have been charged with a blown save since he entered in a non-save situation?
    I think so. Very good question. I think it became a save situation later on.

As it turned out Aroldis got a "hold" and did not get a blown save.

Nice job by Hoover today BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I think we entered Bizarro world there for a minute. Happy to see Chapman get pulled, and Hoover in!
    I'd chalk it up to the cold weather. Good Reds held on there. Whew.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    No. You can only get a blown save in a save situation when that pitcher entered.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    No. You can only get a blown save in a save situation when that pitcher entered.
    I'm not sure who was doing the pbp for the mlb.tv broadcast but they said what Charles did. Chapman basically wasn't accountable for anything except the possible loss had it happened with the winning run one he'd allowed.

BTW, lost a bit in all of the 9th inning theatrics, who's you're player of the game?

Mine: Mike Leake. 2R, 4K, 0BB. Marshall also did a very good job, getting into and then out of a self-induced jam.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Credit to the Reds for not jumping the gun on Hoover and sending him back to AAA like many of us wanted

Sometimes emotions can get the best of us during the course of a baseball season.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Chapman doesn't do as well in non-save situations. He's a rare breed who has that mentality.

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-07-2013)

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    As it turned out Aroldis got a "hold" and did not get a blown save.
    Along the same lines, this is one stat I have trouble agreeing with. This isnt the situation as yesterday but I am mentioning because of the "hold" topic.
    Chapman is our closer as every team has that "one" guy.
    Yet if Hoover or Marshall etc pitch the 7th and we are up 2, if successful , they get a hold. Yet if they give up the lead, they get a Blown save when everyone knows they wouldnt be in there in the 9th ninety nine % of the time.
    Of course only place it comes into play is where, the ESPN'S or MLB network's are listing team stats and say, the Reds have 5 blown saves etc.
    I guess the only way to really fix it is to call them "blown holds" 8th inning or prior and the save for the 9th. Obviously in the event the pitcher does finish the game, he would get the save regardless.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    I'm not sure who was doing the pbp for the mlb.tv broadcast but they said what Charles did. Chapman basically wasn't accountable for anything except the possible loss had it happened with the winning run one he'd allowed.

BTW, lost a bit in all of the 9th inning theatrics, who's you're player of the game?

Mine: Mike Leake. 2R, 4K, 0BB. Marshall also did a very good job, getting into and then out of a self-induced jam.
    I didn't hear that. I looked it up because I was curious.

Turn Off Ads?