Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/4/13 - Reds at Cubs

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: 5/4/13 - Reds at Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Just fine? Our elite closer blew a 4 run lead and had to be replaced with another guy who has struggled mightily this season and had to get a strikeout with the bases loaded to preserve a win over a bad team?
    He got it though -- imagine how we'd all feel if he had not?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Just fine? Our elite closer blew a 4 run lead and had to be replaced with another guy who has struggled mightily this season and had to get a strikeout with the bases loaded to preserve a win over a bad team?
    Firstly, our closer did not blow a 4 run lead, that would have required him to give up the lead, which he did not.

Secondly, I clearly said "It ended just fine". At the end of the game, we won, and that is, by any definition, "fine".

The goal of the game is to win, and we did that. I don't think they have ever given points for style in baseball. This isn't figure skating.

4. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (05-04-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

And I'm really just playing the role of Sisyphus.....
    I would take some penicillin for that if I was you.

(Let's clap for the clap!!!!)

6. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (05-04-2013)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Firstly, our closer did not blow a 4 run lead, that would have required him to give up the lead, which he did not.

Secondly, I clearly said "It ended just fine". At the end of the game, we won, and that is, by any definition, "fine".

The goal of the game is to win, and we did that. I don't think they have ever given points for style in baseball. This isn't figure skating.
    True enough. A win is a win is a win and, in that regard, you are 100% right.

But those who came away from that game a little frustrated are not wrong. Chapman would have lost that game had Dusty not removed him. It was just...so to say...a microcosm of what has been a relatively frustrating season to this point for most fans. But you're right - we won, and that's the only outcome that matters.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I would take some penicillin for that if I was you.

(Let's clap for the clap!!!!)
    Nicely done.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I never understood people who complain about how "clean" a win is. The Reds are playing another major league club, the competition isn't single a where the Reds are just going to dominate. Friday afternoon the Cubs got to Chapman pretty good in the 9th.. uhhh.. he's not going to have a 0.00 ERA this year, folks. I'd rather him give up his runs in a semi close game like that where we still win without giving up the lead. It almost makes me mad how some people honestly have the mindset to complain about wins.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Team WHIP for pitchers today, under 1.0

That's decent.

Broxtob had one bad/horrid inning or his era is below 3 as well.

The hitting will come.
    Great Pitching never really slumps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

The acrimony around here is almost unbearable. You have no point here. And I'm really just playing the role of Sisyphus by prolonging this pointless debate.

Good win - go Reds. Enjoy your Saturday, all. Cheers.
    Tell me about it. I was accused of being a Cubs fan up there. Totally over the line. I might sue.

12. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (05-04-2013),toledodan (05-04-2013)

Yeah, people are getting paranoid. Seem to think that you never know where they might be lurking, or something. WARNING: Your neighbor could be a Cubs fan. They are closer than you think.

EMAW

Good grief the team wins again, has taken 3 of their last 5 and will be home for a nice homestand soon. The Reds are gonna hit and are gonna win the Central

Carlos Marmol. The gift that just keeps on giving. Thanks.

16. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-04-2013),RedsBrick (05-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Good grief, it's baseball. It's a 162-game season where that kind of comment could literally be made for every single team in the Majors at one time or another.
    Seriously. It's not like Chapman was giving up rockets all over the place or walked a bunch of guys. They hit 4 singles off him, two which were broken bats I think.

Sometimes baseball happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

No matter the team and no matter the circumstances...good to get a couple wins in a row on the road. Let's make it the hat trick tomorrow.

The Marmol meltdown is like clock work how awesome
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?