Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Affable Opponent

Re: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Exactly. Rather get them out of the way earlier than later

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm just curious...and I am NOT asking this question because you Cards fans "annoy" me in any way (I have expressed prior to this in other threads that I personally actually enjoy having you guys around...I learn quite a bit from some of your posts to be honest)....but, are the Cardinals forums really THAT bad that you guys would rather post on a Reds forum? Like I said, I LIKE having you guys around here, I'm just very honestly wondering?

The Cardinals also don't put .200 hitters into the 1- and 2-holes.

5. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-22-2013),RedTeamGo! (05-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    I'm just curious...and I am NOT asking this question because you Cards fans "annoy" me in any way (I have expressed prior to this in other threads that I personally actually enjoy having you guys around...I learn quite a bit from some of your posts to be honest)....but, are the Cardinals forums really THAT bad that you guys would rather post on a Reds forum? Like I said, I LIKE having you guys around here, I'm just very honestly wondering?
    Honestly, this site is better than most. As far as St.Louis blogs, the Post Dispatch site, CardsTalk, can be a bit tedious. Like many sites, their is a pecking order (perceived) and a lot of border skirmishes. But for the most part, it's like most sites. You have your knee jerk reactors, your devout homers, your objective posters (who are perceived by homers to be trolls) and your voices of reason.

For me, I enjoy getting the perspective from other sources. The same reason I make a point of listening to the other team's announcers, I enjoy getting the feedback from other team's sites. I was on the Brewer's site this weekend and have spent time on the Pittsburgh site. I used to visit the Cubs site, but have gotten away from it. Their posters are a bit too angry and disrespectful for my taste. I can deal with it when they're relevant, but that's not the case recently (okay, you can argue 103 years relevant ).

I still post on a couple Cardinal sites regularly, but there are lulls in the conversation from time to time. That is when I visit this here swell site.

I'm not here to provoke, just share in some baseball discussion. I appreciate your attitude towards " outsiders ". I have always enjoyed feedback from opposing team's posters, and actually have little patience for fellow Cardinal posters who take it as a personal affront when another team's fans chime in.

I was raised in Queens, N.Y., so I enjoy a little diversity. It makes for a better forum, IMHO.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Yeah, there isn't a site I found -- that's devoted solely to the Cardinals -- as strong, or gets as much traffic, as this one.

I've mentioned it before, but I found this site when one of your members came to www.tippingpitchers.com. It's a St. Louis based message board. I'd say 80% of the topics are sports-related; the other 20% is a mix of current events, music, the fairer sex, etc. It's a really solid site with some extremely knowledgeable baseball fans. You can always come visit if you'd like to see what Cards fans are thinking/discussing.

As Spirit said, I come here because the Reds are our current rival. I enjoy seeing what the other side thinks about our squad.

Affable Opponent

I lurk here a lot, and some of the posters here are much more knowledgeable than me. I don't have any beef with the Reds and just like talking baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by ForPetesSake View Post
    The Cardinals also don't put .200 hitters into the 1- and 2-holes.
    You forgot to say, "Pete would not and did not put .200 hitters at the top of the order."

Plain and simple, yes.

Honestly, I really think some of the vile nature of those boards have a lot to do with the other media in town. The minority viewpoint is often the loudest on there and drown out quasi-logical baseball talk. I contribute a lot of that to guys on the radio like Kevin Slaten who has some of the dumbest opinions I've ever heard on the radio. We're talking about a guy, for example, that rooted for the Cardinals to lose or not make the playoffs in 2011 based on his hatred for Tony LaRussa. His minions seem to congregate around message boards where they scream the loudest. It's a reason why I've been here for close to 3 years now.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 05-22-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Mike the Cards were my 2d favorite childhood team...and that lasted until they entered the same division and Tony L became manager. I despise LaRussa. Whiniest "they played foul" manager (while his own team did the same or worse) since Little Napoleon John McGraw. Now the rivalry is set in my bones and I dislike everything Cardinal except the color red and Stan the Man's memory.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-22-2013)

I finally opened this thread because I thought it had to be about sequencing/clusterluck and how the Cards are some 20 or so runs above expectation.

Surprisingly I didn't see it mentioned anywhere
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

SAWEEET !

15. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post

SAWEEET !

17. Likes:

foxfire123 (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post

SAWEEET !
    The SI curse.

Already two are down. How long before they all are
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

19. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The SI curse.

As a Reds fan stuck in MO, I can't stand the Cards. The "Cardinal Way" and the "Best fans in baseball" stuff out here is sickening. I'm sure some of my co-workers will put this SI cover in a frame over their desk. The Cards won't be there in the end, and I can't wait until the lucky streak of sneaking into the playoffs is over. The Reds pitching staff is better top to bottom, and was even before Garcia went down.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The SI curse.

Don't think that didn't occur to me before I posted it.

Fortunately, I'm not superstitious and don't believe in jinxes and curses.

Turn Off Ads?