Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Salukifan2

Re: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Actually, the data proves that the Reds have had a tougher schedule. Three less games against bad teams, three more games against good teams.

Number of games against these teams; Marlins, Cubs, Mets, Brewers, Dodgers and Padres (the really bad ones):

Cards: 22
    Reds 19

Number of games against these teams; Braves, Cards, Reds, Pirates (the really good ones):

Cards: 8
    Reds: 11
    Its funny reading this because you just picked teams so subjectively. You forgot about the really bad LAA who played 3 in Cincy. the cardinals have also played the diamondback and giants on the road already. Cardinals also swept 3 in Washington.

Its funny how you picked the "good" teams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Its funny reading this because you just picked teams so subjectively. You forgot about the really bad LAA who played 3 in Cincy. the cardinals have also played the diamondback and giants on the road already. Cardinals also swept 3 in Washington.

Its funny how you picked the "good" teams
    I did make a mistske, I shouldn't have included the Padres in the "bad teams."

I based it on record. Bad teams are ten or more games below .500. Good teams are ten or more games above .500.

To be honest, I think the whole "strength of schedule" concept is silly in the middle of the season. Way to many factors to make any accurate conclusions.

What isn't silly, but just plain unfair, is that the Cards clearly have and have always had a significant advantage against other Centepral teams by playing KC in at least two series every year. Add in that they get the Mariners while the Reds get the Rangers, and the Cardinals overall have an easier schedule than the Reds this year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Actually, the data proves that the Reds have had a tougher schedule. Three less games against bad teams, three more games against good teams.

Number of games against these teams; Marlins, Cubs, Mets, Brewers, Dodgers and Padres (the really bad ones):

Cards: 22
    Reds 19

Number of games against these teams; Braves, Cards, Reds, Pirates (the really good ones):

Cards: 8
    Reds: 11
    What an interesting way to break down the schedules. That's the epitome of cherry picking and deliberately misleading information. There is only one REALLY bad team in the NL, and that's the Marlins. They're historically bad. No other sub .500 teams compare. The Brewers, Cubs, Mets, and Dodgers are in the next group, then the Padres and Phillies are a little better.

Not counting the World Champion Giants as one of the "really good teams" is idiotic, not to mention the Diamondbacks and Rockies which you left out because they don't suit your argument.

Games against sub .500 teams:
    Reds 31 (25-6)
    Cardinals 27 (19-8)

Games against .500+ teams:
    Reds 20 (7-13)
    Cardinals 23 (14-9)

Those numbers include EVERY team, not cherry picked teams to make one team look better or worse based upon personal biases.

5. Likes:

IntheCards (07-25-2013)

I did make a mistske, I shouldn't have included the Padres in the "bad teams."

I based it on record. Bad teams are ten or more games below .500. Good teams are ten or more games above .500.
    Liar. You included the Dodgers and Padres, and neither of those teams are 10+ games below .500.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Liar. You included the Dodgers and Padres, and neither of those teams are 10+ games below .500.
    Yes. I am a liar. That is exactly what I am.

And the Cards have played 7 more home games than the Reds.

Overall, the Cards have a much easier schedule than the Reds this season.

For Interleague play, the Reds play 7 games against the Rangers and Indians, while the Cards play 7 against the Mariners and KC.

Cards have had a built in 3-6 game advantage every years since Interleague play started since their Interleague rival is KC. Of course the greatest fans in the world never talk about that.
    This makes no sense. The Cardinals and Reds both play the Rangers and Mariners. The only difference in schedules is Cleveland vs Kansas City. I hate taking the position of "defending" the Cardinals, but when people make posts like you've been making, I'm left with no choice because I care more about truth.

9. Likes:

IntheCards (07-25-2013)

Yes. I am a liar. That is exactly what I am.
    Yes, where I come from that's called lying.

What an interesting way to break down the schedules. That's the epitome of cherry picking and deliberately misleading information. There is only one REALLY bad team in the NL, and that's the Marlins. They're historically bad. No other sub .500 teams compare. The Brewers, Cubs, Mets, and Dodgers are in the next group, then the Padres and Phillies are a little better.

Not counting the World Champion Giants as one of the "really good teams" is idiotic, not to mention the Diamondbacks and Rockies which you left out because they don't suit your argument.

Games against sub .500 teams:
    Reds 31 (25-6)
    Cardinals 27 (19-8)

Games against .500+ teams:
    Reds 20 (7-13)
    Cardinals 23 (14-9)

Those numbers include EVERY team, not cherry picked teams to make one team look better or worse based upon personal biases.

Like I said, using records to determine strength of schedule is silly. Just because a team is below .500 right now doesn't mean they will end up below .500 or that they are a bad team.

I actually don't think anyone can claim whose schedule has been the hardest. But I do think that one can argue that overall the Cardinals have a much easier schedule over all than the Reds, for the reasons I stated.

Like I said, using records to determine strength of schedule is silly. Just because a team is below .500 right now doesn't mean they will end up below .500 or that they are a bad team.

I actually don't think anyone can claim whose schedule has been the hardest. But I do think that one can argue that overall the Cardinals have a much easier schedule over all than the Reds, for the reasons I stated.
    1. I made no claims.
    2. By arbitrarily leaving out certain teams, you are indirectly claiming that you know how teams will finish. So you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
    3. If your argument involves ignoring data, it's not a good argument.

Yes, where I come from that's called lying.
    So you know for a fact that I knew that the Dodgers were 8 games below .500 and not 10? You know for sure that I wasn't just sloppy? If you had ever looked at my math tests in school, you might have a different opinion, lol.

Liar is a serious and very personal accusation. Where I come from, we make sure we know someone is a liar before calling them one.

1. I made no claims.
    2. By arbitrarily leaving out certain teams, you are indirectly claiming that you know how teams will finish. So you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
    3. If your argument involves ignoring data, it's not a good argument.
    I know it's not a good argument. I have said so a few times now. I was just giving Cards fans a taste of their own medicine. Showing that data can be manipulated to show whatever you want if you're good at it.

So you know for a fact that I knew that the Dodgers were 8 games below .500 and not 10? You know for sure that I wasn't just sloppy? If you had ever looked at my math tests in school, you might have a different opinion, lol.

Liar is a serious and very personal accusation. Where I come from, we make sure we know someone is a liar before calling them one.
    Ignorance is no excuse.

Ignorance is no excuse.
    Oh, I'm plenty ignorant. No doubt about that. But I ain't no liar.

Oh, I'm plenty ignorant. No doubt about that. But I ain't no liar.
    If you claim to know something you don't know, you're still a liar. Ignorance is no excuse.

18. Likes:

IntheCards (07-25-2013)

If you claim to know something you don't know, you're still a liar. Ignorance is no excuse.
    I think you need to learn either the definition of "ignorance" or of "liar" lol

Turn Off Ads?