Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

They win games in every possible way. Just tonight a .167 hitter hits a two run bomb in the 7th. Brewers tie game. Then single, plus error, plus steal put a man on 3rd with no outs in 9th.

Re: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

The cards do get lucky but at the same time you have to admit they do have talent. I can't stand the cardinals but it drives me nuts when other reds fans sit and say its all luck or they have no good players and are a bunch of scrap heap guys. Not true. Sure they get lucky hits but luck happens when you make contact and don't strike out in clutch situations.

I just wish the reds fans would concern theirselves with supoeting the team and the reds focus on making the team better. Sure there are things the reds can learn from the cardinals organization as far as building a solid heart of the lineup but other than that the reds have it all over the cards so let's go with our team and play winning baseball. Good baseball will beat lucky baseball most of the time.

I get it, BELIEVE me, I get it. I live in Memphis, which is very much card country. It can be miserable. However, though I enjoy discussing them when we play them, and as a rival, I don't like that there is SO MUCH discussion about them here on a daily basis. If I were a cardinal fan, I would laugh and be flattered. And that makes me nauseous to even think about. WE, the Cincinnati Reds, are the better team, and that WILL show by the end of the season. No doubt in my mind.

"They give you a round bat, and throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMemphis View Post
    I get it, BELIEVE me, I get it. I live in Memphis, which is very much card country. It can be miserable. However, though I enjoy discussing them when we play them, and as a rival, I don't like that there is SO MUCH discussion about them here on a daily basis. If I were a cardinal fan, I would laugh and be flattered. And that makes me nauseous to even think about. WE, the Cincinnati Reds, are the better team, and that WILL show by the end of the season. No doubt in my mind.

"They give you a round bat, and throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."
    Exactly! Lets focus on the reds unless there is something the cards are doing effects the reds or it is something the reds can learn from.

The cards do affect the reds. We need them to lose games. My point is that they will eventually run out of luck. They are not gonna keep having .167 hitters save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    The cards do affect the reds. We need them to lose games. My point is that they will eventually run out of luck. They are not gonna keep having .167 hitters save the day.
    And we aren't going to constantly have Carlos marmol save the reds with luck from poor pitching. We did get 4 runs in a one hit inning. The cards winning only effects the reds as much as the reds let it. If the reds win too it doesn't matter. If the reds focus on playing good ball and winning the cards won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    And we aren't going to constantly have Carlos marmol save the reds with luck from poor pitching. We did get 4 runs in a one hit inning. The cards winning only effects the reds as much as the reds let it. If the reds win too it doesn't matter. If the reds focus on playing good ball and winning the cards won't be an issue.
    That's not luck. The Cubs have done that all year. Lead league in blown saves. The Cardinals will get the same benefit when they play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Cards just got 6 runs on 3 hits in one inning, only one extra base hit. They have already made up for our "luck" in one day.

We don't 'need' them to lose games. WE need to win games. Everything else will take care of itself. I'm not going into the day thinking, 'gee, i hope the cards lose b/c that will help the Reds'. Of course i hope they lose, b/c they're in our division and I cant stand 'em. But my main focus is on US winning, and NOT what they're doing. We all want em to lose, so let's beat 'em when it counts and stop giving them too much credit by talking about them all day and night on OUR board. That's all i'm saying.

I compare the reds cardinals rivalry to the bulls and pistons in the NBA in the late 80s. The bulls had the younger possibly more talented team with the best player, but the pistons had the veteran experience and toughness and the bulls couldnt break through for a few years. Once they did they busted out strong and the struggle with the pistons only made them stronger and taught them how to win and turned them into one of the greatest dynasties in NBA history. Right now I can see the reds as the bulls. Poised to break loose and dominate and the cards as the pistons. Lets hope votto and the reds bust out like Jordan and the bulls.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    They win games in every possible way. Just tonight a .167 hitter hits a two run bomb in the 7th. Brewers tie game. Then single, plus error, plus steal put a man on 3rd with no outs in 9th.
    That player ops over .770 last year. So I'm not sure its luck or even surprising that he had a good day and drove in some runs.

Also when the reds play the brewers they too will w
    Get the benefit of a bad Milwaukee d and pitching staff

I really cant stand the cards but can we just admit they are a good team and just worry about the reds winning.

14. Likes:

kfm (05-05-2013)

The Yankees getting the production they are from Wells, Hafner and Overbay. I am more annoyed and irritated with that. The Cardinals have good players.....and very good young players coming up, it seems all the time...and this is without Taveras either.

Reminds me of the quote about Bob Gibson. "Gibson is the luckiest pitcher in the game. He only pitches on the days the other team doesn't score any runs."
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

17. Likes:

redhat (05-25-2013),RedlegJake (05-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?