Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Re: Cardinals are luckiest team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Do Reds and Cubs fans really post on your cardinals board? Do you post on your cardinals board? Is there a cardinals board?

I just honestly find it odd you guys all post here. Are the Cardinals boards really that bad?

Good and fair question. I don't know that there's a Cardinals message board as well run as this one -- at least not one that concentrates 100% on the Cardinals, as you do the Reds.

I know that I found this board after one of your members came on a STL-based message board (tippingpitchers.com) and started a bit of a flame war. He's subsequently become an off and on-again regular poster, and the flaming has greatly subsided. He's the one who made me search out this site, as he referenced it multiple times.

Personally, I enjoy seeing what other fans are saying -- and specifically saying about my team. And I enjoy discussing their opinions when I think they're off or just plain uneducated.

2. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-20-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Reds fans started the thread. To my knowledge Cards fans haven't started any Cards specific threads.

None of the Cardinal fans has flamed or abused the board - answering and analyzing seems fine to me when the thread addresses their team and is started by a Reds fan.

I want their input for one. I don t have time to follow every team as closely as I do the Reds. Their input on players educates me. Especially on their prospects.

It is all baseball and I like baseball in general not just the Reds.

Again...this Sundeck group seems pretty mindful that its a Reds board. I welcome their input. As CFBob said its what you get with a rivalry...embrace it.

5. Likes:

Beltway (05-16-2013),MikeThierry (05-20-2013),Old school 1983 (05-15-2013),redhat (05-25-2013)

Salukifan2

Do Reds and Cubs fans really post on your cardinals board? Do you post on your cardinals board? Is there a cardinals board?

I just honestly find it odd you guys all post here. Are the Cardinals boards really that bad?
    Cards talk on STLtoday contains some of the most vile sports talk I've ever seen because it only has one, lazy, moderator. Cardstalk is also loaded with trolls mainly cubs and reds trolls.

CardsClubhouse is a decent board but doesn't have near the number of active users as redszone, but the people their are very respectful.

Birdsonthebat is another cards board that is loaded with southern Missouri redneck types that just want to talk trash on liberals and Obama.

Redszone provides the most level headed baseball discussion i have found on the internet. One day the reds will dominate the division and the cardinals will lose 100 games, but i will still come to redszone.

7. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-20-2013),RedlegJake (05-15-2013),Spazzrico (05-19-2013)

Personally, I post on several team boards. Being a NYer, I cut my teeth on NY sports blogs and still do. Posted on the Cubs board until they got so bad that it wasn't fun anymore. Post in Pittsburgh and Milwaukee occasionally.

Post on a couple St.Louis boards, and they're what they are, sports blogs. Unfortunately, they only post about the Reds when the two teams play.

I always like to get other team's perspectives, gives me a more objective point of view. That's why I never listen to the Cardinal broadcasters, I don't like homers and I wanna hear what other teams are saying about the Redbirds.

Since the Cardinals and Reds have developed a nice rivalry, and since there always seem to be Cardinal themed threads over here, it's a logical fit.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

9. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Cards talk on STLtoday contains some of the most vile sports talk I've ever seen because it only has one, lazy, moderator. Cardstalk is also loaded with trolls mainly cubs and reds trolls.

CardsClubhouse is a decent board but doesn't have near the number of active users as redszone, but the people their are very respectful.

Birdsonthebat is another cards board that is loaded with southern Missouri redneck types that just want to talk trash on liberals and Obama.

Redszone provides the most level headed baseball discussion i have found on the internet. One day the reds will dominate the division and the cardinals will lose 100 games, but i will still come to redszone.
    Try St.Louis Legends, it's been around a couple years and we're all ex CT posters who got sick of the very things you mentioned.

Plus, we get together once a year to make a weekend out of it and take in a game. Folks come from all over the country. This year, it's the weekend of July 19, the game on the 20th.

I agree about RedZone, it's a fair and well run site. Personally, I enjoy different perspectives and don't care for sites that refu7se to allow for opposing fans. They get stale and aren't objective.

They way I see it, if you behave yourself and bring something to the table, the more the merrier.
    Last edited by SpiritofStLouis; 05-15-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: added content

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    Carlos Martinez comes in and strikes out the side, hitting 100 on the gun a couple times. Not often you see a kid throw that hard, but it's not his best pitch.

Not bad for a 21 year old.

I prefer the line where he pitched not even an inning and gave up 3 runs...all earned against Colorado. That line was much better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post

What about Viva El Birdos? That seems like a fun board.

Besides the fact that they do not believe in regression......and that their pitchers will actually not be like the 1968 Indians pitching staff after the season is all said and done..... and that any homer hit by the Reds in GABP is a result of it being a small park...every single time..... it is actually a funny board.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What about Viva El Birdos? That seems like a fun board.

Besides the fact that they do not believe in regression......and that their pitchers will actually not be like the 1968 Indians pitching staff after the season is all said and done..... and that any homer hit by the Reds in GABP is a result of it being a small park...every single time..... it is actually a funny board.
    Well they're right about GABP

I prefer the line where he pitched not even an inning and gave up 3 runs...all earned against Colorado. That line was much better, IMO.
    Like I said, 21 yrs. old. Besides, if he didn't give up those runs, his ERA would be 0.00

The Mets are truly terrible. You tie the game and then right away give up base runners and then with 2 outs...you have the Michelin Man at the plate, which is an insult to the Michelin Man and you throw a wild pitch?
    Now Mujica has turned into Mariano Rivera....one pitch that hitters cannot lay off. Unreal.
    May the June Swoon descend on you like a pack of locusts.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    No offense meant, but you guys started the thread. We're just discussing our team in it. In theory, we could start a bunch of new threads here, because nothing -- outside of monitors -- is stopping us.

It's the nature of a rivalry. I'd embrace it.
    I dont mind the other fans here, talking basbeall in general, specific topics, I like to hear other opinions and not through red-rose colored glasses all the time, but this thread turned into "did you see so and so come in and strike out the side", etc.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The Mets are truly terrible. You tie the game and then right away give up base runners and then with 2 outs...you have the Michelin Man at the plate, which is an insult to the Michelin Man and you throw a wild pitch?
    Now Mujica has turned into Mariano Rivera....one pitch that hitters cannot lay off. Unreal.
    The Mets are better than they're playing, but you're right, they are putrid right now. But so are the Marlins.

You're right about the summer months. The last couple years the Cardinals have gotten off to very good starts and then played .500 ball the rest of the year.

The other achilles heel has been their record against the second division clubs.

One thing the Reds have been great at is beating up on the tomato cans. The Cardinals need to take a page from their book.

This year's team is deeper than the last couple years, so hopefully they can avoid the summer malaise. Plus, we've already had to replace our ace, our closer, and our starting SS. Hopefully, we'll have Carp back for the stretch run.

As for beating up on the scrubs, who knows ?

Gonna be fun either way (you guys have the easier September schedule).
    Last edited by SpiritofStLouis; 05-16-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling

As long as the October swoon that seems to bother some teams doesn't come around. I can handle a June swoon. It's that October swoon that sucks.

Another misplayed ball gives the Cards an early lead. This has become a common occurence.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    The Mets are better than they're playing, but you're right, they are putrid right now. But so are the Marlins.

You're right about the summer months. The last couple years the Cardinals have gotten off to very good starts and then played .500 ball the rest of the year.

The other achilles heel has been their record against the second division clubs.

One thing the Reds have been great at is beating up on the tomato cans. The Cardinals need to take a page from their book.

This year's team is deeper than the last couple years, so hopefully they can avoid the summer malaise. Plus, we've already had to replace our ace, our closer, and our starting SS. Hopefully, we'll have Carp back for the stretch run.

As for beating up on the scrubs, who knows ?

Gonna be fun either way (you guys have the easier September schedule).

You have to beat the teams that are playing badly or are bad. No excuses there to not take 2 out of 3.
    In 2010... Reds could Not beat the cardinals very well but beat everyone else up and STL struggled against the Cubs and Astros or whomever scrub team was that year.

Turn Off Ads?