Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If Toronto keeps losing.. Could the Reds see Bautista Time batting 4th??

Re: If Toronto keeps losing.. Could the Reds see Bautista Time batting 4th??

Posters are contemplating trading Choo in one thread and Cueto in this thread. Has a team with a legitimate World Series chance ever traded its Opening Day starter or its leadoff hitter/arguably best offensive player, let alone done both?

We need to find some teams that have a prayer of beating us, things get a little strange around here with too much winning and nothing about which to complain.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    In fact, has that EVER been done? A team trading their Ace pitcher while they were still in the hunt?

-Matt
    Reds traded pending FA Neagle in 2000 (?) when they were in second place is the closest I can think of.
    Your point is legitimate though.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    I don't know if this has been proposed in here, but if the Reds could get Blue Jays to do a straight up Cueto for Bautista, would you do it? I'd snap that up in a heart beat. I'd try my best to get the Blue Jays to foot the additional 8 million in salary the Reds would have to take on for Bautista the next 2 seasons. Due to the age discrepancy of Cueto and Bautista I think you could probably do it.

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Bautista
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Cozart
    8. Mez/Hanny
    No!!!! No trades of Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, Leake, Cingrani, Lecure, Chapman, Broxton, Marshall or Hoover (unless they are getting an even better pitcher back). There simply isn't a need that is so pressing to make it worth risking the pitching staff.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    No!!!! No trades of Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, Leake, Cingrani, Lecure, Chapman, Broxton, Marshall or Hoover (unless they are getting an even better pitcher back). There simply isn't a need that is so pressing to make it worth risking the pitching staff.
    Hear, hear.

Solid Pitching > Sexy Lineup

Turn Off Ads?