Turn Off Ads?

Thread: TV Announcers

TV Announcers

Does anyone else feel that Chris Welch just doesn't like Jim Kelch?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: TV Announcers

yea maybe. I did feel himand Thom had a little friction a couple years ago, mainly on Thom's obsession of taking the first pitch, but they seem to be getting along better.

Yeah, I kinda picked up on a bit of "possible" friction (or whatever you want to call it)....I guess to me it some times sounds like Chris is sort of condescending towards other announcers that did not play the game themselves, as he himself did.

I do like Chris, but I have certainly picked up on that from time to time between he and Tom and recently, as the OP referred to, even towards Kelch.

EMAW

I think booth chemistry is difficult when juggling announcing teams, wish the Reds would have brought back Physioc when they had a chance to. He is pretty good on the Royals games and I know for a fact he loves Cincinnati

For what is worth, it seems like Thom is always pretty excited when The Cowboy is in the booth with him. You can tell they have good chemistry together.

I have to admit I like occasionally getting Kelch and Chris W. because their chemistry is hilariously bad. I think Kelch's trivia obsession drives Chris completely nuts. I still remember a game where the bases where loaded and Kelch wanted to talked about the 1945 Reds team. Welch lost it, and said,"Hey, the bases are loaded let's talk about that,"

Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    Yeah, I kinda picked up on a bit of "possible" friction (or whatever you want to call it)....I guess to me it some times sounds like Chris is sort of condescending towards other announcers that did not play the game themselves, as he himself did.

I do like Chris, but I have certainly picked up on that from time to time between he and Tom and recently, as the OP referred to, even towards Kelch.
    I have nothing wrong with that..I hate when people who never played the game talk as if they know how to play the game

And then theres the stat this and stat that and who gives a load of crap about what happened 10 years ago, in a dome, with 2 outs and 1 strike down by 3 runs in the bottom of the 16th inning on a sunday.
    Last edited by coachpipe; 05-07-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I have nothing wrong with that..I hate when people who never played the game talk as if they know how to play the game

And then theres the stat this and stat that and who gives a load of crap about what happened 10 years ago, in a dome, with 2 outs and 1 strike down by 3 runs in the bottom of the 16th inning on a sunday.
    I have nothing against that either, which is why I stated that I LIKE Chris. In fact, it's at least plausible that I would be the same way. Since I'll never be in that position, I'll never truly know.

Turn Off Ads?