Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/5/2013 Los Rojos v. Cachorros

Re: 5/5/2013 Los Rojos v. Cachorros

Mes flies to right to end inning, disappointing at bat.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Mes flies to right to end inning, disappointing at bat.
    No doubt.
    Dude can't get one over the plate, almost gets his head taken off with his first pitch, second one on the edge of the plate and he gives a weak swing to fly out to right; way to bail him out!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

KKK

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    No doubt.
    Dude can't get one over the plate, almost gets his head taken off with his first pitch, second one on the edge of the plate and he gives a weak swing to fly out to right; way to bail him out!
    Nah, that was a hanging slider in the heart of the plate. Mes picked the right pitch to hit, he just didn't do anything with it.

Latos laughs it up with umps more than any pitcher I've seen in a while.

Looking at Mes' numbers on Fangraphs, I must say he has some very promsing numbers. He has about a 15% K rate and walk rate, both identical. He has a 25% line drive rate with the rest evenly divided between GB and FB. These are very good numbers. His BABIP is .279, a bit low but not way out of line. His OBP is good.

But his ISO power is very low and he should be hitting for more power. Low SLG, not reflective of the power he showed in the minor leagues.

Could be that he's tentative at the plate, totally concerned with hitting to right and making contact. The numbers are promising but maybe the coaches need to get him to relax and swing away a bit more.

For those not paying attention, Cardinals already up 6-0 in the 2nd. i frankly dont get it.
    So long as I breath shall I be a Reds fan, so long as I bleed I will bleed Red

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Looking at Mes' numbers on Fangraphs, I must say he has some very promsing numbers. He has about a 15% K rate and walk rate, both identical. He has a 25% line drive rate with the rest evenly divided between GB and FB. These are very good numbers. His BABIP is .279, a bit low but not way out of line. His OBP is good.

But his ISO power is very low and he should be hitting for more power. Low SLG, not reflective of the power he showed in the minor leagues.

Could be that he's tentative at the plate, totally concerned with hitting to right and making contact. The numbers are promising but maybe the coaches need to get him to relax and swing away a bit more.
    might not see as many fastballs hitting 8th?
    Just call me Legs

Latos gives one a ride. Out at the track. Wind not blowing in...might've been gone.

Wow, off the bat I thought Latos knocked it out.

or at least drivable pitches
    Just call me Legs

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey4MVP View Post
    For those not paying attention, Cardinals already up 6-0 in the 2nd. i frankly dont get it.
    Very simple explaination. 2 things. The cards have a good offense. The Brewers have Marco Estrada on the mound. Perfect storm.

Gift strike there. He might've gotten rung up because he was heading to first before the call. Choo k's looking on a pitch definitely out of the zone.

Choo's eye is better than the ump's. Strike 3 was actually ball 4.

That was a strike in absolutely nobody's mind except that ump

Turn Off Ads?