Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outfield Defense

Re: Outfield Defense

About that collision, Phillips has given an entirely unconvincing "I'm okay" response.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...here-tomorrow/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    The wind and sun didn't cause the poor throw from Paul. He's not a good outfielder.
    He is an average OF, Heisey is no Ellis Valentine out there either. Just does not look as clumsy or spastic as Gomes...but he is not more than above average OF. Better than Paul but not like by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds have to get Choo out of CF. I was at the game today, and on the collision play he took a good 3-4 steps back before coming in which is what caused the collision.
    So do we bench Choo or Ludwick when Ludwick comes back? Someone has to play center. Choo has been fine at home and looked uncomfortable when playing on the road, further proof he needs to play on the road to get used to other parks, at least in my opinion.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Sorry. Didn't pick up the sarcasm.
    No problem. I tend to joke about everything all the time, so it surprises me when somebody actually takes anything I say seriously.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    That's not a CF issue.
    Exactly, that's a Wrigley issue.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds have to get Choo out of CF. I was at the game today, and on the collision play he took a good 3-4 steps back before coming in which is what caused the collision.
    Did Choo try to call of BP? He could of at least done that or just let BP take it.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    About that collision, Phillips has given an entirely unconvincing "I'm okay" response.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...here-tomorrow/
    Very true, after seeing his reactions on the bench and reading his comments, he seems very un-BP like. If he was fine he would have been smiling and joking around. Hope he's okay.

In the outfield:

Choo is ok. BP should have pulled up in an ideal situation. Lets face it, lutz is a temp stop gap. Heisey is a temp fix on defense and lid wick is no better . LF is a weak spot of the team. Just hope that ludwicks bat will overcome the defense.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

There was a game last week where it appeared that the Red Sox actually used Gomes as a defensive replacement for Mike Carp. Can Carp really be so bad that Gomes is an upgrade or was Farrell just messing with us?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

OK. I just saw the replay and I did not see BP hit his head. He tripped...he fell but braced his fall with his hands. Is there another angle which shows him hitting his head? His leg i am sure hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    OK. I just saw the replay and I did not see BP hit his head. He tripped...he fell but braced his fall with his hands. Is there another angle which shows him hitting his head? His leg i am sure hurts.
    I remember one cutaway as they were going to commercial. They showed a still shot of Choo holding his mouth, then showed a still shot of BP grimacing and holding the bridge of his nose. Maybe he somehow got hit in the nose on the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I remember one cutaway as they were going to commercial. They showed a still shot of Choo holding his mouth, then showed a still shot of BP grimacing and holding the bridge of his nose. Maybe he somehow got hit in the nose on the play.
    Now that i did not see. Maybe his glasses got shoved into his face. I don't know. It just looked like some harmless ankles touching.

After watching the replay again, it looks like BP's lower leg bent naturally. No cause for injury from what I can see. He did sort of do a faceplant, but got his arms out in front of him to protect his face.

No idea why he would have had problems with his vision. I'm thinking maybe his gloomy disposition afterwards might be that he should have stopped tracking that ball, and Choo got a baseball in the mouth because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Did Choo try to call of BP? He could of at least done that or just let BP take it.
    Every replay I have seen I can't see Choo saying anything. Phillips seems very bitter about it from all the reaction. If Choo calls off Phillips it is his ball and Brandon's fault for not giving way. But if Choo didn't say anything then it is on him.

Phillips could have done a better job handling it so far though I think. Instead of saying whatever Dusty says is how it happened he could come out and make sure everyone knows he isn't blaming Choo and is supporting his teammate.

It's easier said than done to say somebody should have called it. Because of Choo's awful break, that ball was in no man's land. It's not like it would have been an easy catch for either guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?