Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 111

Thread: Didi Gregorius

  1. #31
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back on it, it looks like we kept the wrong SS. If Arizona wanted Didi and not Zach then I think we made the right move tho.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,409

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    You gotta give up something to get something. We are the team that traded away Josh Hamilton, I think we can get over trading Didi Gregorius.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  4. Likes:

    Plus Plus (05-06-2013), remdog (06-08-2013)

  5. #33
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,235

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back on it, it looks like we kept the wrong SS. If Arizona wanted Didi and not Zach then I think we made the right move tho.
    There is no way to possibly know this, but I seriously doubt we could have made this dead sending Cozart instead.

    It reminds me of when people thought we should have traded Dunn to Texas for Volquez.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

  6. Likes:

    Homer Bailey (05-06-2013)

  7. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back on it, it looks like we kept the wrong SS. If Arizona wanted Didi and not Zach then I think we made the right move tho.
    I would love to say it has only been a month, but in reality it has only been 8 games. If you want to use that as some for of measuring stick, then the Reds actually kept the right SS because Didi is injured 75% of the time.

  8. Likes:

    thatcoolguy_22 (05-06-2013)

  9. #35
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    There is no way to possibly know this, but I seriously doubt we could have made this dead sending Cozart instead.

    It reminds me of when people thought we should have traded Dunn to Texas for Volquez.
    Yeah I know, I read what Doug had said about Arizona not wanting Zack. I totally cool with how everything went down. Like I said earlier, hindsight is 20/20, just looking at it as it woulda been great to keep Didi and traded Zack. I think it worked out good for everyone...well except Cleveland...lol

  10. #36
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    I would love to say it has only been a month, but in reality it has only been 8 games. If you want to use that as some for of measuring stick, then the Reds actually kept the right SS because Didi is injured 75% of the time.
    I'm not basing it off the month he has been up with Arizona, I actually liked him better when he was called up with us before. Nice shot at sarcasm tho with you injured 75% of the time!!!

  11. #37
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,388

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yeah I know, I read what Doug had said about Arizona not wanting Zack. I totally cool with how everything went down. Like I said earlier, hindsight is 20/20, just looking at it as it woulda been great to keep Didi and traded Zack. I think it worked out good for everyone...well except Cleveland...lol
    I think it worked out pretty well for Cleveland. Stubbs is looking like he'll be a .270 .330 .450 guy there, in an offense that seems loaded right now. Bauer got sent down, and the SP is a bit thin, but the RP is lights out at the moment.

    Sleeper team. Plus they probably have the best defensive OF in baseball.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  12. #38
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    A lot of assumptions in this thread. You know what that will do to most of the people who assumed. But I'll spell it assu, and leave the me part out of it.

    Pretty unfair to compare Cozart and Didi at this point. The book is out on Cozart. The league has adjusted. We'll see how Didi is doing after next April.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  13. Likes:

    remdog (06-08-2013)

  14. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,070

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Stubbs is looking like he'll be a .270 .330 .450 guy there
    Just curious why you said that, because it is not looking like that. He hasn't hit that line in a few years (2010), and isn't doing it now. Before Monday, he was hitting 213/286/293. He then got 9 hits in 13 AB's and now looks like the 270/330/450 guy?

  15. #40
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,388

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    yep. That's what he looks like to me. They are batting him 9th primarily. I think it is taking the edge off a bit. He has been red hot lately, and he's always been a streaky hitter, but it seems Cleveland is content to let Stubbs be Stubbs. He is a patient hitter, he does have a lot of power. Ignore the speed and CF bats first dude aspect and just let him be who he is. Now here is the really weird thing.. for the most part, this year he's been amazing. in 2/3 of his AB's, which have come with him as the CF he posted this line: .328 .389 .531 .920 the other third as a RF: .161 .188 .161 .349

    Maybe that means nothing, maybe it is just small sample variance, and maybe comfort has something to do with it as well. Who knows?
    Suck it up cupcake.

  16. #41
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,565

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yeah I know, I read what Doug had said about Arizona not wanting Zack. I totally cool with how everything went down. Like I said earlier, hindsight is 20/20, just looking at it as it woulda been great to keep Didi and traded Zack. I think it worked out good for everyone...well except Cleveland...lol
    I honestly don't understand what hindsight you're speaking of. Are you referring to his 31 plate appearances thus far?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  17. #42
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    21,006

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    One difference is that Cozart became a major league regular at age 26, Didi looks like he's going to do so at 23.
    That's a fair point.
    Ultimately, Didi may end up being the better player than Cozart.
    As far as this year goes? I think it's still a tossup who the better SS will be this year. It's just too early now.

    Is it possible that in 2-3 the Reds will really wish they held on to Didi? Yes.
    Right now, I'm really enjoying Choo.
    I'm pretty confident the Reds will make good use of the comp pick they get as well. Odds are that the comp pick won't be as good of a prospect as Didi though, I do agree with that. (Because Didi is a great prospect)
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'm not basing it off the month he has been up with Arizona, I actually liked him better when he was called up with us before. Nice shot at sarcasm tho with you injured 75% of the time!!!
    Why state "looking back on it" and "hindsight is 20/20." It's not like the trade was 3 years ago. The only new information gained since the trade has been the 8 games he played in. Why would hindsight change anything in anyone's mind unless you are basing it on what he has done this year? Certainly sounds like you are using his 8 games to make some sort of conclusion. Why not state "I always liked Didi more."

    Everyone needs to slow down on Didi. It has been 8 freaking games. He has been injured for most of the year so far.

    I like the updates, but I am definitely getting tired of people here jumping to grand conclusions based on 1 month (not just this thread) and even worse when it comes to Didi who has been hurt most of the year.
    Last edited by scott91575; 05-06-2013 at 02:56 PM.

  19. #44
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    yep. That's what he looks like to me. They are batting him 9th primarily. I think it is taking the edge off a bit. He has been red hot lately, and he's always been a streaky hitter, but it seems Cleveland is content to let Stubbs be Stubbs. He is a patient hitter, he does have a lot of power. Ignore the speed and CF bats first dude aspect and just let him be who he is. Now here is the really weird thing.. for the most part, this year he's been amazing. in 2/3 of his AB's, which have come with him as the CF he posted this line: .328 .389 .531 .920 the other third as a RF: .161 .188 .161 .349

    Maybe that means nothing, maybe it is just small sample variance, and maybe comfort has something to do with it as well. Who knows?
    Almost half of his ABs have come
    against LHP, who he rakes, he's still getting mowed down by RHP. So yeah, if you put him in one ultra specialized role, nice player.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  20. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (05-07-2013)

  21. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,070

    Re: Didi Gregorius

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

    Maybe that means nothing, maybe it is just small sample variance, and maybe comfort has something to do with it as well. Who knows?
    Yea, I disagree, but totally hear where you are coming from so I have no problem with what you are saying.

    We will only know at the end of the year.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25