Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Any concern that Billy Hamilton is nothing more than a MLB utility player?

Re: Any concern that Billy Hamilton is nothing more than a MLB utility player?

But you're ignroing the fact Bruce has outproduced Choo the last two years when Choo should be in his prime years. And he's younger. And he's going to be cheaper.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Choo outproduces Bruce this year. In fact, I think he will. There's still no way I deal Bruce to sign Choo to a deal that will likely suck for the team at the end of it. Choo is going to be 31 in July. If he gets a 5 year deal, he's signed until he's 36. Meanwhile Bruce just turned 26 and is under control until he is 30. It's likely Bruce will get better (or at very least produce somewhere in the low-mid 800's) so he won't be bad money. It's almost a certainty Choo will decline, and at the end of his contract will be bad money.

Sometimes it's not about the money you spend, it's about the money you don't.

For the record, I don't think there's a chance in hell the Reds move Bruce to keep Choo. The idea of Choo walking is something everybody is just going to need to accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    But you're ignroing the fact Bruce has outproduced Choo the last two years when Choo should be in his prime years. And he's younger. And he's going to be cheaper.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Choo outproduces Bruce this year. In fact, I think he will. There's still no way I deal Bruce to sign Choo to a deal that will likely suck for the team at the end of it. Choo is going to be 31 in July. If he gets a 5 year deal, he's signed until he's 36. Meanwhile Bruce just turned 26 and is under control until he is 30. It's likely Bruce will get better (or at very least produce somewhere in the low-mid 800's) so he won't be bad money. It's almost a certainty Choo will decline, and at the end of his contract will be bad money.

Sometimes it's not about the money you spend, it's about the money you don't.

For the record, I don't think there's a chance in hell the Reds move Bruce to keep Choo. The idea of Choo walking is something everybody is just going to need to accept.
    As I said, there are certainly variables that could change by seasons end, but at this point, I'll stand by what I said. I could also see Choo having a strong 5 years left in him. Of course, he could drop off of a cliff half-way through this season. Just like Bruce could possibly continue at his current clip and never match the production of his best years ever again. I do not think either is likely. Just possible. It's baseball and some times, strange things happen. Some years back, I would have never ever thought Jose Bautista would become the player he eventually did.

As I said, on this particular matter, we will just have to agree to disagree. And your argument on the matter might even be a stronger argument to back up your position. But on the date of 05/08/2013, I feel the way I feel on the subject. In Sept., I might have a totally different viewpoint. Time will tell.

One thing, however, that I DO agree with you on is that I do not believe that the Reds will trade Bruce to sign Choo. So the reality is, it is quite likely a moot point to begin with.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Billy, 7 hits in his last 45 at-bats. Batting .190 on the season overall.

Yikes.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Billy, 7 hits in his last 45 at-bats. Batting .190 on the season overall.

Yikes.
    So you're saying he's ready for the Reds and he'll fit right in?

I kid.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Turn Off Ads?