Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All in for Mike Stanton??!

All in for Mike Stanton??!

Reds have to at least consider this trade...anybody but Robert Stephansen and or Billy Hamilton included. Move him to LF and go for that ring

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-m...014400171.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: All in for Mike Stanton??!

Sorry Giancorlo

Idk..I wouldnt just consider hamilton and someone else for stanton...Id jump all over it in a second and then lock up choo long term

Reader beware. Any time you see " Yahoo Contributor Network " in the byline, 9.9 times out of 10 it's just a college kid writing about his favorite team. Think Bleacher Report.

I know that the kid that writes the Cardinals' articles has already proposed trades for Stanton and Tulowitzki. Pure speculation.

Sure, Stanton would be a great get, but it's going to take a boatload that will include at least 1 player off the big club, a couple arms and some change. Of those players, expect the Reds' top prospects to be in the mix.

Stanton is off to a slow start (.227, 3 HR, 33% K rate), so even a moron like Loria will wait until he heats up to maximize his haul.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS1125 View Post
    Reds have to at least consider this trade...anybody but Robert Stephansen and or Billy Hamilton included. Move him to LF and go for that ring

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-m...014400171.html
    I WOULD trade Leake and Hamilton for Stanton.

Put stanton in right, bruce to center and choo in left.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post

I'd be willing to include Hamilton in the trade for Stanton, only if they re-signed Choo. But then the problem is, Choo would have to stay in CF.

What I really think needs to happen if they could acquire Stanton and re-sign Choo is.......

LF Stanton
    CF Bruce
    RF Choo

Bruce is younger and would be no worse than Choo in CF. My gut feeling is that he'd be an improvement over him. Maybe not as good as Stubbs.........but still much better than Choo.

If you resolve the defense issues in the outfield of who plays where.........offensively it's a huge improvement to the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post

If you offered Leake and Hamilton for Stanton, their GM would laugh and hang up. Add your 2 best pitching prospects, you might get his attention.

It was speculated that for the Cardinals to get Stanton, they'd have to offer Taveras, Miller, Rosenthal and a lower prospect. The first 3 would be the top 3 prospects in the Reds organization, although all of those would be up with the big club.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    If you offered Leake and Hamilton for Stanton, their GM would laugh and hang up. Add your 2 best pitching prospects, you might get his attention.

It was speculated that for the Cardinals to get Stanton, they'd have to offer Taveras, Miller, Rosenthal and a lower prospect. The first 3 would be the top 3 prospects in the Reds organization, although all of those would be up with the big club.
    Idk if it'd take that much but it'd definitely take more that what most reds fans think it would take to acquire Stanton. Idk if the marlins would even want Hamilton. Isn't their best prospect a center fielder?

I proposed:
    Cingrani
    Corcino
    Travieso
    Frazier
    Heisey

Plus the reds take back nolascos salary too. Most people said that'd be an overpay. I could actually see the fish wanting more.

Okay lets say Reds can only pick one option...which would you pick?

1. Reds sign Choo to a 5 year deal
    or
    2. Reds trade for Stanton, lose 4 quality minor leaguers and don't resign Choo

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    Okay lets say Reds can only pick one option...which would you pick?

1. Reds sign Choo to a 5 year deal
    or
    2. Reds trade for Stanton, lose 4 quality minor leaguers and don't resign Choo
    Depends who the prospects are. I say neither. Lets go for Headley spend less/lower impact prospects for a player that could fill the cleanup spot while leaving us with opinions in the outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Depends who the prospects are. I say neither. Lets go for Headley spend less/lower impact prospects for a player that could fill the cleanup spot while leaving us with opinions in the outfield.
    I don't see the Padres parting with him unless it was for mega players and Reds won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    I don't see the Padres parting with him unless it was for mega players and Reds won't do that.
    I think it'd be less than for Stanton, and I think there will be more teams willing to outbid the reds for Stanton.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Headley is going to cost too much. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Headley is going to cost too much. Pass.
    Stanton will cost more. And Headley could bring more to the team.

Vottomatic it seems to me that you either want to give prospects that aren't good enough in a trade or give up packages that give up too much value. Ie Chapman. The simple fact of the matter is to get an impact bat the reds are going to have to give pitching and outbid other teams. If you don't want to do that maybe we ought to focus on packages that'd acquire a lesser player that would fill the void.

Turn Off Ads?