Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/6/2013 Braves at Reds

Re: 5/6/2013 Braves at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Kind of surprised a savvy vet like Bronson needs his own catcher at this point.
    Greg Maddux hardly ever threw to Javy Lopez.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I'm not saying there's no point to bunting there, I see the point, I just personally think its stupid.
    I would have bunted. The way I read it you are calling my (would-be) decision stupid.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Bronson at 80 pitches. We're gonna see some Simon tonight.

Yessirree!

6-4-3 DP. 3-0 Braves mid 4th

DP ends the inning. Reds need to hit the baseball.

And another nice job getting out of trouble, but now we need to avoid more trouble and get some runs.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    And another nice job getting out of trouble, but now we need to avoid more trouble and get some runs.
    Can't argue this.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Little early to call this one, don't ya think?
    Have had a streak of looking stupid lately. Hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Little early to call this one, don't ya think?
    Would love for them to prove us wrong but have seen this already many times this year so I honestly dont think it is too early

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    i am watching the same game....not seeing that.... arroyo is pitching up and over central (center of plate) and you couldnt miss that with an ironing board.
    Arroyo typically works pretty fast. Lots of shake-offs, lots of step-offs and yes a lot of balls right down the can tonight...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I would have bunted. The way I read it you are calling my (would-be) decision stupid.
    I mean kind of I guess, although I think you're going a little out of the way to make it a personal thing.

I just think that when you're trying to give away an out, it's almost always going to result in that happening. At least with the pitcher hitting, there's at least a chance of successfully advancing the runner and having more than one chance to drive him in.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    It's hard when you start the inning with an automatic out. Prove me wrong, Zach, please.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I can see why Chris Johnson has good numbers so far. He makes contact and fouls off the two strike pitches.
    He's a solid hitter, a solid defender, heady baserunner....just a very solid ball player. Probably never an all-star...but rock solid. Before we had the Frazier/Francisco thing settled...he's a guy I thought the Reds should've gone after. It was pretty obvious that the Astros were selling off everybody. He hadn't really broken out yet as it were, but if you watched him day in and day out you could see it. I'll be shocked if Francisco ever pushes him out of the starters role.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Would love for them to prove us wrong but have seen this already many times this year so I honestly dont think it is too early
    Have we?

Reds' 2-3-4 are due up, with two righties. Good time to scratch one across.

Turn Off Ads?