Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/6/2013 Braves at Reds

Re: 5/6/2013 Braves at Reds

Just as a matter of roster management.

There are righty hitters who really can hit lefty pitching. They don't do much else, but guys who just hit lefties.

With Ludwick out the Reds should have acquired such a hitter. One example (from another thread today) is Scott Hairston of the Cubs.

Derrick Robinson is a decent fifth outfielder he can field, run, get a single to right occasionally, but he doesn't provide any pop.

Reds have nothing on the bench from the right side, no power righty platoon man for LF.

I guess they would say Heisey has pop, but he hasn't hit in a long while and now is out.

Don't understand why the team has Lutz and Robinson and no righty bat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

3-4-5 due up for Atlanta this inning.

J. Upton flies out to left

Does Jacoby or Anyone work with Bruce at all???? I'm so tired of watching him strikeout 2-3 times a game only to be followed up with 2 to3 groundouts to shortstop or 3rd by Frazier.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Has anyone ever won the Toyota?

Freeman doubles to right

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Has anyone ever won the Toyota?
    No. They usually donate it to a local fire or police dept. at the end of the year.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Gattis grounds out to 2nd. Ball hit off Arroyo but he is ok. Runner to 3rd.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Does Jacoby or Anyone work with Bruce at all???? I'm so tired of watching him strikeout 2-3 times a game only to be followed up with 2 to3 groundouts to shortstop or 3rd by Frazier.
    No. No one ever works with Bruce, and he isn't trying at all.

/sarcasm

11. Likes:

Raisor (05-06-2013)

McCann grounds out to 1st. 2-0 Braves mid 3rd.

Love to watch Bronson pitch. Never panics. You can see he has a plan and sticks to it.

14. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (05-06-2013)

Again, the roster management point. They may want to sit Bruce against certain lefties right now. Why subject him to a guy like this when he's striking out almost every time.

But there really is no righty alternative.

Reds bench (when Robinson plays) is three lefties - Lutz, Hannahan, Paul -- catcher, and switcher Izturis.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but it really isn't well thought out. I'll move on at this point.

Jacoby has offered to work with Bruce in the past but Jay has politely declined.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Love to watch Bronson pitch. Never panics. You can see he has a plan and sticks to it.
    Agreed. Simply no other pitcher I enjoy watching more. Sure, he gets lit up every now and then...but he's just so different from any other pitcher it just accentuates his fine nuances.

I never see the Fox Sports girl that I thought was the cutest of the 3. I guess she quit??

Turn Off Ads?