Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty logic question...

Dusty logic question...

Glad they won last night and all, but can somebody explain to me the logic of letting Corky Miller hit (try to anyway) in the 9th, THEN turnaround and let Mes bat for the pitcher??? Miller is EASILY the worst position playing hitter we have, so down one in the 9th you'd want to bat for him...why didnt Mes hit for HIM??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty logic question...

Dusty doesnt use logic in any moves he makes or doesnt make

I didn't see the game last night, but probably setting up a double switch for Corky.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Glad they won last night and all, but can somebody explain to me the logic of letting Corky Miller hit (try to anyway) in the 9th, THEN turnaround and let Mes bat for the pitcher??? Miller is EASILY the worst position playing hitter we have, so down one in the 9th you'd want to bat for him...why didnt Mes hit for HIM??
    I agree with you. I'm glad it worked out but why not let a catcher bat for a catcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

remdog (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    I didn't see the game last night, but probably setting up a double switch for Corky.
    Mes hit for the pitcher RIGHT AFTER Corky, so double switch doesnt make much sense...

8. Likes:

remdog (05-08-2013)

Reds were down to D Robinson on the bench at the time, and I believe he's hurt and can only hit from the right side. Might have has some thing to do with it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Dusty...Logic... hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhhaaahhaa

11. Likes:

coachpipe (05-08-2013),remdog (05-08-2013),Vottomatic (05-08-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

To be fair, Corky's previous at bat he missed a HR by about a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    To be fair, Corky's previous at bat he missed a HR by about a foot.
    And a double by 90 feet.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

Bumstead (05-08-2013),Hoosier Red (05-08-2013),remdog (05-08-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (05-08-2013),toledodan (05-08-2013),Vottomatic (05-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-08-2013)

Your question contains an oxymoron.

16. Likes:

coachpipe (05-08-2013),remdog (05-08-2013)

When you have the likes of Donald Lutz, Corky Miller, Donald Robinson, Xavier Paul and Zach Cozart to choose from, you don't have to worry about anything I tell you.

And just wait until he gets a jauggernaut like Chris Heisey back. WS all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Mes hit for the pitcher RIGHT AFTER Corky, so double switch doesnt make much sense...
    So Mes stays in the pitcher slot, and the pitcher goes in Corky's slot, thus having the pitcher hitting last should the Reds tie the game.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And a double by 90 feet.
    Perfect!

The following assumes that only Mes is available to PH. I think the thought would be that if you have 3 players to use in two slots, Corky, Mes and the pitcher, which two do you want to have bat. Answer Corky and Mes. How do you get this ? By letting Corky hit and then Mes.

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    So Mes stays in the pitcher slot, and the pitcher goes in Corky's slot, thus having the pitcher hitting last should the Reds tie the game.
    uh...cough...sputter...if Mes makes the last out, the game is over, but let's say it was tied, the pitcher thus inserted for Corky would then be 8th in the order as Choo (leadoff man) would bat first the next inning. Should Mes get a hit and then Choo make an out, then the pitcher bats 7th....and so on. Luckily it worked out and the game ended. Either way, letting Corky Miller bat in the bottom of the 9th with the game in the balance makes no sense even if the 9th batter is an injured Derrick Robinson. Corky is just that bad. Having Leake bat is probably a better option.

Turn Off Ads?