Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/7/13 - Bravos at Redlegs

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: 5/7/13 - Bravos at Redlegs

BABIP after 3 innings:

Braves 3-6 .500 Reds 0-8 .000

2. Likes:

757690 (05-07-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

At least Cozart saw 5 pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't mean to put down all Sun Deck transplants, I've found myself enjoying contributions from many new faces. But I really do think Redszone is about as good as it gets for baseball discussion and it bums me out when Yahoo/Reds.com level comments constantly pop up in the ORG or Game Threads.
    i suspect that you and I will disagree about what constitutes a "Yahoo/Reds.com level comment". Personally if I never hear another complaint about Cozart batting second or Baker giving the bunt sign it will be too soon.

Sun Deck was a fun, self moderating thread last year and we were able to winnow out most of the foolishness. I enjoyed it immensly and was not particularly keen on the merger myself. (I bet Texas Dave feels the same way).

Bottom line: when the boys are playing bad, we all get a bit grouchy.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-07-2013), foxfire123 (05-07-2013), NebraskaRed (05-07-2013), Red Raindog (05-07-2013), Vottomatic (05-07-2013)

does anyone else notice choo seems to swing with his whole body? it's so odd to me
    Just call me Legs

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    i suspect that you and I will disagree about what constitutes a "Yahoo/Reds.com level comment". Personally if I never hear another complaint about Cozart batting second or Baker giving the bunt sign it will be too soon.

Sun Deck was a fun, self moderating thread last year and we were able to winnow out most of the foolishness. I enjoyed it immensly and was not particularly keen on the merger myself. (I bet Texas Dave feels the same way).

Bottom line: when the boys are playing bad, we all get a bit grouchy.
    I've found myself spending more time on the Sundeck than the ORG, of late.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

9. Likes:

PuffyPig (05-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    He really is a mini Votto.
    Actually Votto's a mini-Choo so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    mini-Choo
    bless you

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-07-2013), Red Raindog (05-07-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I told my girlfriend the other night, "I love Choo!". And she responded "I love Choo too".
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

14. Likes:

foxfire123 (05-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I've found myself spending more time on the Sundeck than the ORG, of late.
    I still only post in sun deck. Only reason I post here is bc there are no more sun deck game threads.

Chat is open!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I told my girlfriend the other night, "I love Choo!". And she responded "I love Choo too".

Thats Mr Choo to you.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Eventually you'll learn that frustration and questioning the manager and team makes you a bad poster.
    Saying the same thing over and over make a bad poster, regardless of the message. Noise does not improve the board.

After every minor down turn in a game, "The sky is falling!"
    After every loss, "The sky is falling!"
    While a player is in a slump mid season. "I would offer the Marlins X,Y, and Z for Stanton. Look at this line-up." next day: "I would offer the Marlins Y,Z, and A for Stanton. Look at this line-up"
    After any bad play by a whipping boy, "We have been saying it all season..."
    After same whipping boy goes on a streak, "I've been saying he is going to turn it around"
    After a player we traded gets off to a hot start, "I would have given our 4th OF, #5 SP, and utility infielder up before I would have traded him!"
    And the mother of all, " Jay Bruce might be on steroids."

I've probably missed a few, but everyone probably gets the idea.

/soapbox

Reds right back in this! 3-1 and Homer's starting to deal. Let's go redlegs!
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

19. Likes:

Raisor (05-08-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (05-07-2013)

Francisco makes a nice play at third, and then draws a walk. I'm calling shenanigans. It's not really him.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

May not be Homer's finest game, but he's gotten his stuff together since the first inning.

22. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Francisco makes a nice play at third, and then draws a walk. I'm calling shenanigans. It's not really him.
    Notice how Chipper Jones is already gone from the public eye? They put his brain in Francisco's body.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Turn Off Ads?