Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/7/13 - Bravos at Redlegs

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 5/7/13 - Bravos at Redlegs

I would like to thank the Reds for giving my mom the most awesome birthday present in winning this game in one of the most dramatic ways possible, LOL (If they could keep up this whole winning thing this weekend, that would be great since I'm going to all three games! )

Happy 1600th win Dusty and YAY REDS!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (05-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I wonder how Chip and Raisor held up tonight? Should I text Chip to find out?
    Had a great time with great seats what an ending

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's part of the reason why I was never fully on board with the ORG/Sun Deck merger...
    This was uncalled for and unnecessarily divisive. The Sundeck did not have a monopoly on over reactive negativity in its game threads by a long shot.

6. Likes:

bigredmechanism (05-08-2013),dubc47834 (05-08-2013)

i feel like an idiot. i totally turned the game off prematurely in favor of other things on TV this evening. that'll teach me for next time.

easily the best win of the season. to think there were 2 outs, down 1, and back to back homers off of a guy who is considered possibly to be the best reliever in the game? unreal.

Anyone have Marty's call of the two dingers? Thom was good on Choo's, but asleep on Mesaraco's.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I don't come around here much anymore, but watch every inning. After the first inning, this was a great game. And the ending was spectacular! I'll never understand Dusty. I've quit trying. Corky Miller is a waste of space when it comes to hitting. Dusty's obsession with resting catchers border on the crazy. How many games does Posey or Molina miss? Tonight it was Mes. Came in late and tied the game. Give him more PT. Corky is fodder. I know you all love him, but really?

Choo. What move has meanest so much? With Ludwick out and Bruce looking bad, he comes through ( not to mention Frazier's mega-slump). We are going to be fine.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Anyone have Marty's call of the two dingers? Thom was good on Choo's, but asleep on Mesaraco's.
    Tremendous. Thom's was not that great, especially on Mes's blast, but better onChoo's. Marty's were so great. Looking for it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Understanding that it is early, with a lot of baseball left to be played, but that just might be the regular season game of the year for this ball club. Down one run. Down to their final strike. Facing, perhaps, the best reliever in baseball, who had just whiffed the first two batters in the inning. And then back-to-back jacks. Unreal.

I don't think he was asleep. I think he honestly thought it was a routine fly ball off the bat. It did look like the ball just kept carrying and carrying.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I drove to the subway station this morning and tuned to WLW. His call really was kinda average for him. On Mez's HR he was calling it like a routine fly ball until the end. Pretty much the same on Choo's althought he did have a lot of excitement to his voice as it was going out. He also forgot to say, "And this one belongs to the Reds." I don't believe he thought the Reds were going to win and just wasn't prepared for an ending like this.
    It's always nice to steal a few wins like this every season. Wins likes this can make a difference in the standings at the end of year.
    Happy Birthday Heather! What a surprise present you received!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Here are Thom and Martys calls of the HR's. IMO, the son out did dad last night.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...ic_id=11493214
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

TSJ55 (05-08-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

There is someone everyone has left out in all the highfiving, Homer Bailey. He clearly didn't have his best stuff when he came out in the 1st. Maybe it was the delay, maybe not, but he buckled down and pitched a pretty decent game after the 1st. He saved the bullpen to. Gotta give Homer some credit also!!!

17. Likes:

redsmetz (05-08-2013),traderumor (05-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here are Thom and Martys calls of the HR's. IMO, the son out did dad last night.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...ic_id=11493214
    I'm on a bit of a jag these days with Thom B. I generally find him insufferable and my oldest daughter, no fan herself, has said I'm over the top. That said, I think Thom's calls are okay, but one of my beefs with him is he revels in a certain tone on home runs that just grates on me. Marty's last night, I thought, were pitch perfect. Frankly, I don't think there are many announcers who call a home run the way Marty does.

Both Thom and Marty's calls on Mesaraco's homer were indicative of it just going out and both got the proper punch in for it doing so. I think Marty's call on Choo's built to a crescendo that was sweet. And I think that's just the second time he's neglected to say "this one belongs to the Reds," although the other time, he called it after the fact.

I'd been catching the game off and on and held out hope that we'd come back. My wife & I had just gone up to bed and were reading our books when I switched on the radio to hear the end of the game. A couple of high fives before turning off the lights for the night. Nothing like a Reds win for sweet dreams.

[an aside: I think Jim Kelch is a great influence on Marty - when they're paired, Marty is less cranky, IMO - no idea what that's about]
    Last edited by redsmetz; 05-08-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    ballgame?
    BALLGAME!!!!!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Everyone's been asleep on Mesoraco

Turn Off Ads?