Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random Thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random Thoughts

The trouble with some of these guys is that they have One True Outcome and it's not one of the good ones.

Maybe if every time someone did the Woo, Reds fans would yell, "Go back to Chicago."

Nobody dreams of having Corky Miller's career, but what would you give up to live it?

When a pitcher strikes out the side, whose side are the guys who didn't make an out on?

I'd say Billy Hamilton is the new Maury Wills. but Wills had a higher lifetime batting average than Dave Concepcion.

LaRosa's should have bet on the strikeout differential of Reds pitchers and Reds hitters.

Playing baseball at Wrigley is like playing basketball on an aircraft carrier.

Stirrups are the neckties of baseball.

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-07-2013), mdccclxix (05-07-2013), oneupper (05-09-2013), Revering4Blue (05-07-2013), Sabo Fan (05-08-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (05-07-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Stirrups are the neckties of baseball.
    Bravo, BCubb.

Nobody dreams of having Corky Miller's career, but what would you give up to live it?
    So true!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Wow. Three consecutive HR's. Deep drive by BCubb! Knocked that one outta the park buddy. :O)
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

The trouble with some of these guys is that they have One True Outcome and it's not one of the good ones.

Maybe if every time someone did the Woo, Reds fans would yell, "Go back to Chicago."

I've read a lot of these Random Thoughts posts (they're among my all-time favorites, and I've been around a little while) and these three jumped out at me in particular, all for different reasons. A little poke at the stats crowd (I count myself among them) to start off and then a joke at the Cubs expense, which I think we can all get behind. Then you've got the more thoughtful one about how impressive even the most underappreciated/short-lived MLB careers really are.

Tremendous stuff BCubb, always look forward to these posts. Thanks.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-07-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (05-07-2013)

Turn Off Ads?