I thought it would be fun to share some realistic and some farfetched ideas that could help this team:
- Find a way to extend Choo now before the free agency market is set and will likely drive up his price
- When Cueto returns, send Leake to play LF. Or send him to bullpen and cut Parra.
- Put Hannahan at 3B and move Frazier to play LF. Improves the D at the hot corner and adds a little to the offense.
- Cut Izturis and bring up HRod. He may not be hitting very well in minors, but he is young and can gain XP in majors, as well as spot start for 3B and 2B.
- Sit Bruce for 2 days so he can get his head out of his butt. Seemed to work out last year when he was in a slump.
- Whenever Robinson plays, he should be in CF and Choo plays LF
- Mesoraco should be batting somewhere other than 8 spot. He is making decent contact. I like him in 2 hole as anything is better than pop up Cozart.
- Split Jay "K" Bruce and Frazier in the lineup. It is a momentum and inning killer when you see 2 strikeouts in a row and they are swinging at pitches in the dirt.
Again these are just fun ideas that could improve the team.