Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Zack Back on Track !?!?!?!

Zack Back on Track !?!?!?!

Cozart today went 2-2 w/ a walk/double/single/sac-bunt. Zack has been on an absolute tear this past week (9 for his last 20), raising his average from .206 to a much more respectable slick fielding shortstop average of .232

I guess my question is, what have you noticed him doing differently? Is he really this streaky of a hitter?? I've also noticed that he's hit 0 HRs his last 10 games......has he learned how to not pop-up/swing 4 the fences??? What stat projection line do you have for Zack Cozart this year & in year's to come???? Please chyme in:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zack Back on Track !?!?!?!

He's probably not doing anything differently. It's the ebb and flow of the season.

Cozart should still be batting 8th though.

I think the title of this thread needed one more piece of punctuation, then it would have been perfect.

To answer one of your questions, I don't see him as much as a streaky hitter as I see him as somone who is changing the way he approaches his at-bats differently. Swinging less at first pitches (although he needs to keep working on this), and trying to grind out an at-bat rather than swinging at the first pitch he sees that he thinks is hittable.

Actually a good question and to be honest, I don't know myself. Maybe what NebraskaRed answered with sums it all up?

Maybe he got a couple of good knocks and that tremendously raised his confidence level which in turn is helping him see the ball awfully big as of late?

He does seem to look a bit different at the plate lately. I really don't know if he has altered his swing in any way or not.

Maybe every time a player goes on a fairly extended cold streak, Dusty simply needs to give 'em 2 or 3 games in a row off? I would certainly be all for it if it has the same sort of effect!

All kidding aside, I hope that whatever it is, Cozy keeps it up! You add a formidable (and consistent) offensive game to go along with his tremendous glove work and all of a sudden, the Reds become an even bigger threat all around. Now, if Frazier begins hitting more consistently as well (and he DID just have an off day, so maybe that Dusty Baker "off day magic" will strike yet again)

I was listening to Skinner yesterday afternoon and his biggest problem with Cozart seemed to be that he does not take enough pitches and does not work enough walks to deserve to hit second.

I got news for ya. When the lead off hitter is getting on base at a .400 clip, and you have the leagues leading hitter coming up after you--the chances are--the other team is going to make Cozart put the ball in play.

I think Cozart will do well in the second spot in this order from here on out.

Don Cameron
    The Voice of Reason

EMAW

I'm blaming this on Baker

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    I'm blaming this on Baker
    What, the fact that he's finally doing good

He's gone http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/team/...meType=%27R%27

Turn Off Ads?