Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea: Arroyo for Michael Young?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trade idea: Arroyo for Michael Young?

Thread title pretty much says it all. Guys on MLBN were discussing whether or not the Phil's are sellers due to Halladay going down. It got me thinking and this seemed like it could make sense for both sides. Obviously it probably wouldn't be quite this straight-forward and I'm thinking we'd need to throw in an additional part like Hannahan. This would put Frazier in LF and Young would be just about perfect in the 2 spot.

Thoughts?

Re: Trade idea: Arroyo for Michael Young?

I'd love to have Michael young. Period. Arroyo has been great for the reds, but once he goes 5 innings anymore you have to put yourself on he might get pounded watch and dusty has a propensity to pitch him one inning too long. I'd go for that deal if cueto can return and show he's strong. Idk if the phillies would go for it.

i love the idea but why would philly take sunshine? it would cost prospects but he would fit perfect in the two hole.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

All the deferred money in his contract vests immediately if he is traded. Highly unlikely to happen.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    All the deferred money in his contract vests immediately if he is traded. Highly unlikely to happen.
    That's an issue

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Why didnt it vest when he was traded to Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Why didnt it vest when he was traded to Philly?
    Maybe he was referring to Arroyo?

From Cot's

3 years/$35M (2011-13)
    signed extension with Cincinnati 12/4/10, reworking option year in previous contract
    $15M deferred without interest, paid through 2021, reducing present-day AAV to $28.9M
    11:$6.5M, 12:$7M, 13:$6.5M
    if traded, deferrals are voided and paid up-front

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1701 View Post
    Maybe he was referring to Arroyo?

From Cot's
    yes he referred to Arroyo. As to the trade idea money and contracts make it unlikely. Plus Young would be a further hit on D. Arroyo's contract terms make him a really difficult player to dangle.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    yes he referred to Arroyo. As to the trade idea money and contracts make it unlikely. Plus Young would be a further hit on D. Arroyo's contract terms make him a really difficult player to dangle.
    That contract does. It's not like we could slide young in at first or dh. I'd love that bat though.

Good chance we'd have to throw in a B-level prospect at AA or above as well, but picking Arroyo up now would give them a chance to salvage their season after the unexpected loss of Halladay. Wish I knew more about their farm system as that might ultimately be what would determine if this deal makes any sense for them.

Micheal Young? Gross. For one thing, he's a one year rental making way too much money, who's putting up a superficially high line thanks to an almost .400 BABIP. Secondly, I'd rather have Frazier at third because Young's defense sucks.

Arroyo for Young I suppose isn't a bad idea in theory, but there really isn't anywhere for Young to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1701 View Post
    Micheal Young? Gross. For one thing, he's a one year rental making way too much money, who's putting up a superficially high line thanks to an almost .400 BABIP. Secondly, I'd rather have Frazier at third because Young's defense sucks.

Arroyo for Young I suppose isn't a bad idea in theory, but there really isn't anywhere for Young to play.
    Youngs been a perennial 100 RBI guy and has high pressure World Series experience. The dude can flat hit regardless of what his BABIP says. He'd outhit Frazier any day of the week. Maybe not the same power but that's not this teams issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Youngs been a perennial 100 RBI guy and has high pressure World Series experience. The dude can flat hit regardless of what his BABIP says. He'd outhit Frazier any day of the week. Maybe not the same power but that's not this teams issue.
    Young has driven 100 runs twice. He's coming off of a season were he had a WAR of -2.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Young has driven 100 runs twice. He's coming off of a season were he had a WAR of -2.
    Frazier has driven in 100 when and played in the World Series twice when? And has veteran leadership when? And makes consistent contact when? lets not get in the who hs better hitter frazier ir young bc its young unless you need power.
    I must have missed the stop that picked up the Frazier bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    With several seasons in the mid to high 90s too. I rounded up. How many guys on the reds do that again?

Turn Off Ads?