Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If Stanton was available, there re several teams that could put together better packages then the Reds. I'm not sure why the Marlins would focus on the Reds.
    Would they though? Does anyone need him as much as the Reds do, and would they be willing to pay that?

Honest question.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can see Walt moving a few big time prospects for Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Would they though? Does anyone need him as much as the Reds do, and would they be willing to pay that?

Honest question.
    I'd think Seattle would be all over Stanton.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If Stanton was available, there re several teams that could put together better packages then the Reds. I'm not sure why the Marlins would focus on the Reds.
    Well....Cingrani is certainly a hot commodity. And there are only a handful of prospects that are rated higher than Hamilton at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

Honest question.
    There are teams who need him a lot worse than the Reds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'm sure... That those names won't get it done.

Stanton is only 23, inexpensive, and one of the best overall hitters in the game. He will cost a ton in talent, because every team will be offering their best to get him.
    Well, we always say this kind of thing, but quite often we end up shocked at how little it took to get a high end talent player. A few A prospects, a few B prospects and some fringe guys....I'd be surprised, but not shocked. Stranger things have happened to say the least.

I'm not saying it is enough though...I don't think it comes close. But I'm no GM either. *shrugs*

8. Likes:

Homer Bailey (05-08-2013),redsmetz (05-09-2013),remdog (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Well, we always say this kind of thing, but quite often we end up shocked at how little it took to get a high end talent player. A few A prospects, a few B prospects and some fringe guys....I'd be surprised, but not shocked. Stranger things have happened to say the least.

I'm not saying it is enough though...I don't think it comes close. But I'm no GM either. *shrugs*
    You're right, but usually it's us looking at another team's prospects and us saying, "It only took that!?", and when it's our prospects, we're like "WALT JUST GAVE AWAY THE FARM!"

10. Likes:

757690 (05-08-2013),Always Red (05-08-2013),Boss-Hog (05-08-2013),Brutus (05-09-2013),DocRed (05-08-2013),RedEye (05-08-2013),REDREAD (05-08-2013),redsfandan (05-09-2013),redsmetz (05-09-2013),The Operator (05-09-2013),Tom Servo (05-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    There are teams who need him a lot worse than the Reds.
    Every team Stanton needs the same amount. He makes every team better, even if they are rebuilding.

I agree with JoJo. I am sure the Reds would get outbid if they tried to acquire Stanton.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Bare, it's non-existent. The Reds front office should be embarrassed by what is in our minor leagues right now. I don't understand how we could have been put in this position when just a couple of years ago when they were boasting how great the minor league system was. We haven't brought up or traded that many prospects. And I am wondering how much was exaggerated regarding the
    quality of the players.
    We cashed out on most of that and have Mat Latos, Sean Marshall, J.J. Hoover, and Shin Shoo Choo to show for it. I don't know about you but I'm glad they're here.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

13. Likes:

Homer Bailey (05-08-2013),MattyHo4Life (05-08-2013),RedEye (05-08-2013),remdog (05-08-2013),Stingray (05-08-2013)

No offense to Dom, but I can't wait until Stanton is moved so we can quit talking about it. The rumor that will just never die.

15. Likes:

Homer Bailey (05-08-2013),OGB (05-11-2013),redsfandan (05-09-2013),remdog (05-08-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    You're right, but usually it's us looking at another team's prospects and us saying, "It only took that!?", and when it's our prospects, we're like "WALT JUST GAVE AWAY THE FARM!"

LOL. So true.

17. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-08-2013)

To put Stanton's trade value into perspective:

In 2007, the Marlins traded Miquel Cabrera for a package of prospects that included the #6 and #8 rated prospects in all of baseball (Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller.) These two didn't amount to much for the Marlins, but at the time, they were higher rated and had more trade value than Hamilton and Cingrani or any two Reds prospects have now.

At the time of the trade, Cabrera had off the field problems and was considered out of shape and unmotivated. He was older and closer to free agency than Stanton.

It's going to take better prospects than what the Reds currently have to get Stanton.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-08-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I just don't see this happening. After doing a highly sophisticated search(Google), there are way to many teams that have a fairly high interest in Stanton...the Mariners, Detroit, St. Louis, Mets, and the Tigers seem to be the main players in a Stanton trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    To put Stanton's trade value into perspective:

In 2007, the Marlins traded Miquel Cabrera for a package of prospects that included the #6 and #8 rated prospects in all of baseball (Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller.) These two didn't amount to much for the Marlins, but at the time, they were higher rated and had more trade value than Hamilton and Cingrani or any two Reds prospects have now.

At the time of the trade, Cabrera had off the field problems and was considered out of shape and unmotivated. He was older and closer to free agency than Stanton.

It's going to take better prospects than what the Reds currently have to get Stanton.
    Interesting that in 2007 Baseball America also had these players rated...
    5. Homer Bailey
    14. Jay Bruce
    43. Joey Votto!

There's not a single prospect I wouldn't trade for Stanton.

The toughest one would be Cingrani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?